Clarification on retrogression - Canadian born spouse

Social99999

Hello,

I am born in India and my I-140 was approved.
Later i got married and my spouse is born in Canada but was not part of the original Perm or I-140 application.

I have heard that it is possible to pick a county of birth of either spouse green card.
Can somebody clarify this and provide relevant information...
In other words can we use my spouse country of birth (Canada) and have an earlier priority date in visa bulletin.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes we will be relocating together along with our kids.

I have a approved I-140 from past with priority date of March 2005, i hope i could use it and file for I-485.
Do i need to get H1b first or can i come on TN visa and file for I-485 while working on TN visa, do you know ?

Thanks for the quick response.

Yes we will be relocating together along with our kids.

I have a approved I-140 from past with priority date of March 2005, i hope i could use it and file for I-485.
Do i need to get H1b first or can i come on TN visa and file for I-485 while working on TN visa, do you know ?
Will appreciate if you could provide some guidance on this.

Will appreciate if you could provide some guidance on this.
You need to get a TN from the employer who is willing to process your GC. Once that step is done, they will file for your PERM and then I-140. You will need to request your previous PD when filing for your I-140 application (you need to have a copy of your previous I-140 that has March 2005 PD). This whole process will take over an year (at least) - and after that, you will be ready to file for I-485 if your PD is current.

TN-->GC related questions are covered in the TN forum.