Clarification from Folks who has done with their Passport stamping

Mohammed Yakoob

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,

I finished my passport stamping in Orlando, FL today but one strange thing was they stamped the passport but did not take my EAD & AP documents. Usually they take and as such i insisted the lady to take my documents too. she said they aren\'t valid anymore and neither they nor i need them. Is this Normal ?. Please share u\'r experiences ..

Thanks !~

No Title

Got my I485 approval through an interview at the local INS office. The officer did not ask for the EAD, AP documents however he took them after I presented them to him.

IMO this is a small matter, but I have been wrong before.

i guess it does not matter!

for me took EAD and AP
for my wife, took only EAD. when she offered AP, he said they dont need it.

same for me

The officer took the approval notice, I-94 arrival/departure card, photos and have me to sign and finger print on a form. Then, she put the photos and I-94 into a plastic bag and stapled it with approval notice and the form. After that, PP stamp and did not ask for any other documents such as EAD and AP.

where did you guys do your stamping?

I had mine done in Philly and the lady asked for my AP/EAD and I didn\'t have them. She said I could send them in. It may or may not cause problems. I don\'t know how to send them in. I know that correspondence without a RFE is bound to get lost. I lost my reference letters when applying for 140.... Are you guys waiting for green card in VSC? Thanks.

Same here

My passport experience is detailed here: sampai "Seattle passport stamping experience" 2/5/02 5:17pm

Same here

I had my passport stamped in San Antonio on 01/28/2002. The lady returned my EAD and AP. She said "keep them with you but do not use them".