• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Claimed spouse country

virsavo

Registered Users (C)
This thread is for people who claimed their spouse's country.
My husband is from Moscow, Russia. Russia is banned from the lottery this year. So he claimed my county- Bulgaria, to enter (you can claim your spouse's country). But we will pick up the immigrant visas in the Moscow embassy. I suspect there will be very few applicants in Moscow, and our interview date should be early.

Anyone had any experience with claiming spouse's country and CP?

KCC Response

Hi Guys,

My wife is from Bosnia and I am from Pakistan.I wrote to KCC if we can process our case in pakistan instead in Zagreb(Croatia).In response received yesterday they informed me it has to be in zagreb as she is the winner and I am claiming her country chargeability.Anyway,you please do more research before putting down Moscow for processing.I hope this would help!!!

You can also send an email to KCC with all your details.They happen to be very prompt in response.

Thanks

processing

... has to be in the resident country of the winner, regardless of chargeability- that's what they told me. just strange, since russia is banned from the lottery....good luck.