Civics written test during Finger Printing Process

happysoul

Registered Users (C)
Has anybody given civics test during the Finger printing process?

My friend went to ASC for finger printing in maryland(wheaton, md) and they asked him whether he can take computer written test for civics test during the FP. He also mentioned that you have to get 8 out of 10 questions correct to get civics test passed. He refused and mentioned that he will give test at the time of interview.

I think most will give civics and read/written english test at the time of interview. Has anybody tried giving civics test during FP?

Also, what happens if we fail in civics test during FP(I heard that it is very difficult to fail :) ) ? Do we get another chance during interview?

Any information appreciated.

happysoul said:
Has anybody given civics test during the Finger printing process?

My friend went to ASC for finger printing in maryland(wheaton, md) and they asked him whether he can take computer written test for civics test during the FP. He also mentioned that you have to get 8 out of 10 questions correct to get civics test passed. He refused and mentioned that he will give test at the time of interview.

I think most will give civics and read/written english test at the time of interview. Has anybody tried giving civics test during FP?

Also, what happens if we fail in civics test during FP(I heard that it is very difficult to fail :) ) ? Do we get another chance during interview?

Any information appreciated.
I took the Civics and the English test during my FP process at Downtown Baltimore FP Center and passed them both.

I highly recommend taking it during the FP process. The reasons are:

1. If you fail it during the FP process you can always take it during the Interview.
2. The Test during the FP is a multiple choice written test. So it is much easier than at the Interview where all the tests are verbal.
3. You are much less tense during the FP process than at the Interview.

You have to get 6 corrrect answers out of 10 to pass NOT 8. Your friend who refused made a mistake by not taking it during the FP process, since this is one thing he could have finished with before the interview.

My advice: Take the test during the FP process, if possible. You are right the test is easy but you have to study the 100 questions before you go to the FP center. Good Luck.

Thanks for your reply N400Applier.

Can you please answer the following questions?

1. What is the time limit for the written civics test?

2. Do we have both the civics as well as English as written computer
tests?

3. Do they have English Read as well as written English test at ASC during
FP Process?

Your information really helps, who are expecting to get FP notice and are
in the dilemma whether to take above test or not.

Also, most of us think that if we fail in tests during FP, we don't have
another chance during interview. If you have any pointers or link
regarding this information, can you please post them.

if am not mistaken , this could be the new beta test questions that they adopted for 2008. People have the right to take the beta test if they wish and must score 8 out of 10.
But if its 6 out of 10 then that could be a different story.

happysoul said:
Thanks for your reply N400Applier.

Can you please answer the following questions?

tests?

FP Process?

Your information really helps, who are expecting to get FP notice and are
in the dilemma whether to take above test or not.

Also, most of us think that if we fail in tests during FP, we don't have
another chance during interview. If you have any pointers or link
regarding this information, can you please post them.
When you go there you are given between 15 minutes to 45 minutes to read the 100 questions. There is as such no time limit. But all of us finished it in about 15-20 minutes so I suppose 15-20 minutes is the time limit.

tests?
At the ASC in Downtown Baltimore, all the tests were written NOT on a computer. Maybe at other FP centers it is but not at Downtown Baltimore. However, it is always multiple choice so it is much easier than a verbal test.

FP Process?
The History/Civics test was multiple choice and while you are taking the History/Civics test the officer goes to each and every individual and asks them to read a sentence in english and write an english sentence. These are very easy for folks who read/write/speak english.

You are graded right away. And then the officer gives you a written sheet of paper with the results along with your Green Card. You are to take this sheet of paper to your interview. Remember to check to make sure that you get your Green Card back not someone else's.

The officer specifically told us that if we fail the the test at the FP center the test can be retaken during the Interview (Where everyghing is verbal). So even if you fail at the FP center you WILL get another chance at the Interview. So it is always better to take it at the FP Center.

Study the 100 questions. As far as the new test goes, it is in a Pilot stage and not being given in Baltimore. You have to get 6 out of 10 to pass.

Once the FP is done you may have to wait for upto 2 hours for the exam room to fill up. They offer the test once or twice a day and wait for the room to fill up. Therefore if you are planning to take the test at the FP center keep 2-3 hours time available. Even with that bit of hassle I would still recommend taking the test at the FP center.

Hope this helps.

We have received Finger Print Notices and FP is scheduled on Jan 09 2007
at 3:00 P.M at Baltimore, MD for both me and my wife.

Can anybody answer the following questions?

1. Can we take 2 children to the Application Support Center during the FP
process? With 2 little children(1 year, 4months & 4 years), Is it difficult
to give civics and English tests? Any Experiences...

2. N400Applier, As you have suggested, We will take civics and English
test after FP. Since, our FP is at 3:00 P.M and the Baltimore office
closes at 4:00, Do they accamodate to take those tests within one hour
frame? Also, Does it help to go little earliar to give Finger Print and give
exams? Has anybody done this before?

3. In Finger Print Notification, they have mentioned that "For Photo
Identification, Naturatlization applicants must bring their Alien
Registration Card"

what is Alien Registration Card? Is it not just our Green Card
(Permanent Resident Card)?

Appreciate your responses...

Can any N400 Applicatants, who went to baltimore ASC for finger printing
answer the above questions please?

happysoul said:
We have received Finger Print Notices and FP is scheduled on Jan 09 2007
at 3:00 P.M at Baltimore, MD for both me and my wife.

Can anybody answer the following questions?

Registration Card"

Appreciate your responses...
Answer: I did not take any child with me. Also when I went I did not see any children at the ASC. However, I don't see a problem with taking children for the FP process. The reason is that both you and your wife will be fingerprinted separately. Therefore one of you can watch the children while the other is being Fingerprinted.
However, I am not sure that you can take the Exam with your children in the exam room. You have the following options:
Option A: Try to find childcare on the day of the FingerPrinting and then both you and wife can go the ASC center. This ways both of you can take the exam and get the FP done. This option is also good since you may have to spend 2-3 hours for both the FP and the exam and children tend to get cranky.

Option B: You can try to go by your self the day BEFORE your finger printing. Explain to the folks that you need to get it done the day before. Go in the morning, 9:00 AM, and try your luck. If they agree then you can have both your finger printing and exam the day before. Thus, on the appointed day only your wife has to do the Finger printing and exam while you can watch your kids.

Option C: If both you and wife go on the appointed day with your kids and they don't allow your children in the exam room then one of you can take the test and the other takes it during the interview.

Option D: Go on the day of the appointment and take your children and after the FP is done explain to the officer that you need the kids to be present in the exam room and see what they say. They may allow the kids. I am personally not sure that this option will work.

STUDY THE 100 QUESTIONS.

Answer: Go at around 12:00 in the afternoon. It is okay to go early. This way you improve your chances at taking the exam on the same day. Remember that the exam is only offered once or twice a day. If you want to be 100% sure then go a few days before your FP and ask them what time are the exams offered and go around that time. It is OK to go early.

Registration Card"

Answer: Yes it is your Green Card. It is needed to get the FP done. You need to take your FP notice and Green Card to the ASC.

Thanks N400Applier for the nice information and the options, you have
listed. this really helps us...

Written test in ASC's under CSC

Does any one know that if the written test can be taken while FP in ASC's in California/SF?