Civic Test Questions

zhaoster

Registered Users (C)
I am trying prepared civic test for interview, and seeking for questions:
(1) where to find the study materials
(2) is there only 96 sample civic questions, instead of 100 questions?

Yup, the standard test is currently 96 questions. If you search around the USCIS website, you should be able to download their flashcards and a complete list of Q's.

Yes. To keep the N-400 people thinking on their feet, the USCIS's list of 100 questions only has 96. And, if you look hard, you can find two different answers to the "What amendments affect voting rights?" question (I agree with neither official answer, for what it's worth).

Another example of the USCIS "confuse the customer" policy.

How is the civic test performed?

Thank you guys, there is a sily question:
Is the 10-question civic test performed as a pen and paper test, or as a oral test?

Usually oral, but there are some instances where it has been administered on paper, typically for those doing the test as part of their FP appointment.

Don't sweat it though - the test is really easy and you only need to get 6 out of 10 correct.

Civics q-a audio CD

I was given current civics quick lessons brochure with enclosed CD at ASC during my FP appointment (by my request).

I highly recommend this CD. Read by perfect native cultivated speaker, simply mucis for your ears. I listen while driving. There are 2 sound tracks: short one (q-a,q-a,etc), and a long one with explanations.

Right, just play and listen the second track - the question answer one while driving for about 10 times and you are done with preparation, just pay extra attention to years and not-so-short answers such as what 1st amendment offers, first 13 states, what forms the executive branch, etc.