citizenship viability. Bhand, others please reply

yellowknife

Registered Users (C)
Hi
This is a question about citizenship viability.

Case:

1) I landed in Canada on Dec 20th 2001.
2) Since then I have physically been in Canada for about 1 year only.
3) I DO NOT intend to apply for citizenship until I meet the 1095 days requirement or at least something very close to it.

My question is this.
I had sponsored my mom for PR in 2002. She got her PR and tried to land in Canada in May 2004. I was accompanying her. She was refused landing since I was accompanying her and was living in the US at that time. The immigration officer said that she could not land as I had sponsored her and was supposed to have been in Canada throughout..

To cut a long story short. After a few months(of the episode mentioned above), I got a job and have been in Canada since. My mother also landed successfully after that.
Anyway, but the fact that all these notes were made in my 'file' by the CIC officer, I am wondering, if because of this, my file will garner any special scrutiny when I apply for citizenship.
I am worried because for about 6 months that I WAS present in Canada initially, I stayed with a friend, and don't really have any proof of address, DL, etc. etc.

thanks

There is nothing you can do anything about the notes the CIC office made (if any) .

Do a Clean start now.

Apply for citizenship when you really complete 1095 days in canada of physical presence and can document it. You should be good in my view

Yes, I understand. To keep it really clean, that is what I need to do and in all likelihood, that is what I will do. Do you know of any site where I can get citizenship application experiences of people in places OTHER than Ontario?
I am in Halifax, NS

Thanks