Citizenship timeline eligibility question

shitalp

Registered Users (C)
Self and husband got our 485 approved in July 2002. We stamped in the passport also in July 2002.
So, are we eligible to apply 90 days before July 2007? My question is more of the eligibility
calculator starts from the passport stamp date or Physical green card issue date.

I would like to know how to apply for Citizenship? Is it through a lawyer or forms available for
us to fill out ourselves? Can you please point me to some resources?

Appreciate it

Thanks
Shital

It is calculated from the date on your green card.It should say Resident since .It is 365days *5yrs = 1825days - 90days 1735 days.Remember its days, not 3 months from 5 yrs anniversay.It is very easy step to file for citizenship.All you need to do is downloand N400 application and follow instructions.You send in all supporting documents plus one check for 400$ per person to service center that is desinated for your state.You need 2 passport size pictures ,copy of green card front and back and like I said supporting documents.Hope this help.
Here is link to download N-400
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Good luck. :D

No, it's 5 years. Remember that 2004 was a leap year.

Look in the instructions/guide and it will show you how to read the date off your green card. Add 5 to the year. That's when you are eligible for citizenship. You can apply up to 90 days earlier than that.