Citizenship Test Question

monster28

Registered Users (C)
Hello my fellow immigrants,

Quick question: for the Citizenship test they ask that you bring two forms of ID in addition to whatever documents you used in your initial application for permanent residence. So here's the question: will they check the address on the driver's license and does that have to match the address that they have on file? Can I go there with a US driver's license and have no problems as long as I can prove that I work for Canadian company in the US?

Thank you,
Monster28

Are you commuting back and forth? or have you been living permanently in the US. Can you show assets in Canada? Automobile? Credit Cards (Canadian)? RRSP? Rental Lease?

If you have a Health Card, you can use that as one of your ID's

You can use your passport as your second piece of ID.

You should be able to use your US DL, but you be prepared to have good excuse to have a US DL insted of a Canadian DL.

Good Luck!!

monster28
When did you apply for your citizenship. I have applied in sept 2001 and i am still waiting for test date. Please let me know about your experience and the documents requires.

Answers

Hi everyone,

No, I am not commuting back and forth. I have been living in the US for a while now. But I was transfered here working for the same company. And I have met the residency requirement for the citizenship. My only concern was in relation to the address on the Health Card and Driver's Licence and if they have to match what the Immigration Dept has on file as my address?

And for the second question, I applied for my citizenship in April 2002, but this is no indication of anything..some people get citizenship in 7 months, others in a year, or in your case...longer. Don't stress, though, call them and find out what stage your application is in...

Monster

supporting docs?

hi guys,

i wonder why they ask for docs used in support of the original PR application? what if ppl dont have all the docs handy? the citizenship kit only seems to ask for 2 pieces of ID and the IMM doc ...

monster28 & others who have applied for citizenship: could u pls share ur experiences to enlighten us abt the process.

thanks a lot.

monster28
Can you please shed some light on what documents are required when you are called for Citizenship test?
What if the individual doesn't have the passport at the time of test (Lost it). Any help is appreciated.

Documents needed at Citizenship test

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the long delay in answering your posts. I did take my citizenship test and the only thing they wanted to see before they let us walk in the room was the letter that they sent me with the date for the test. That is it, I mean no driver's licence, nothing else. They compared your file number from the letter with your file (which has a picture). So don't stress out about anything.

monster

done the test

they asked for my notice to appear, the immgration visa and my passport, yes they will have your file with your pic so they just like check the name and be sure you the right person and then will let you in to do the test.
test questions are super easy.
good luck evrybody

Dear All,

I am in the same boat, got the citizenship test date. I was going back n forth between canada and USA but and have H1 visa stamp on my passport. My center is Scarborough and was wondering if anyone has an expereience at that center and how was it? I heard it is strict

interview

anyone could share the detail of the Citizenship interview questions and documentations check?

Citizenship Test Experience

I had lost my initial passport during my international travel. In this regard, i got a police report. So while checking my documents at the time of test, when the officer asked for the first passport, i showed her the report. she made a copy and kept that for the record. (I have all other documents like PR card, IM 1000 etc., except the first passport on which i landed in Canada for the first time).

Note that my test was held on March 07, 2006. Now, i am confused, whether, i will receive the oath notice, or the judge will call me for the interview to verify things. Please advise me.

Regrads,

attifff

wait and see

I believe you should wait and see. Only when the normal time has elapsed I would give them a call.

Good luck and keep us posted! :)

Carmen

Lost current passport

Hi,
I have my initial passport with all the stamps but lost my current passport, initial passport expired on November 2004. I did not use my current passport for any travel; I mean I did not travel out the country for last four years. Do I need a new passport to show at the time of test? Do you think they will I ask me to face judge?

I do not want to apply for another passport since I will not be using that any more after getting my citizenship, and do not have any plans to travel in near future.

Any help will be appreciated