Citizenship test passed, but no decision yet- help please..

chi123

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everyone

I completed my citizenship interview on 14th November and was interviewed by a young officer who said that he was recommending a granting, but some how I have two files (Green Card) under my name so he has check and remove other file first before give me oath date. He gave me the interview result - n-652 saying I have completed all tests and USCIS will send a written decision. Many people had their oath on the same day, but mine I don't know what is happening.

What does this mean?
When can I expect to see something?

It looks like everything is in order, every paper was in order. No complications, not even a driving record. The young officer indicated that he's not able to approve, until Decision on two files. I even saw him circle granted in the sheet that he was marking on and he also indicated that he was recommending approval. Is there anything else I can do?

It looks like everything is in order, but still no decision.

Thanks in advance for your help.

new threads

chi123
what is the purpose of creating 2 new threads plus adding one in an exisiting thread for the same subject? people have already responded, so just take it easy & relax.

Write to the officer

why do not you write to the officer on a weekly basis till you get an answer.

zzerous said:
why do not you write to the officer on a weekly basis till you get an answer.

Hi
Thanks for info. But I want to know where to write a letter and under whose name? I know my INS Officer name who took my interview.

Will they give me written reply?

Thanks

You don't need a reply from them. You just need the continued progess on your case. Only thing you care to know is that the processing on case is complete and you will get the oath letter. If you keep writing and keep visiting the local office, you will get that taken care, You need to relax and let a few weeks pass. You just had an interview last week. It takes 3-4 weeks for them to get the 2nd file from NRC and then the officer reviews it and completes the processing, so another 1-2 weeks. So if you don't hear in 5-6 weeks, then visit the local office.

sg_orl said:
You don't need a reply from them. You just need the continued progess on your case. Only thing you care to know is that the processing on case is complete and you will get the oath letter. If you keep writing and keep visiting the local office, you will get that taken care, You need to relax and let a few weeks pass. You just had an interview last week. It takes 3-4 weeks for them to get the 2nd file from NRC and then the officer reviews it and completes the processing, so another 1-2 weeks. So if you don't hear in 5-6 weeks, then visit the local office.

Hi
As you say I have to keep writing and keep visiting the local office regularly.
I know my address of INS Newark,NJ.
But under whose name I have write a letter? General letter to INS Immegration Officer or in my case I know name of INS Immegration Office who took my interview?

Thanks

You write to your interviewing officer, who will complete the processing on your case. Be carefull to not be pushy, but remain polite and firm.

Bad Info-Pass Experience..

Hi
Yesterday I have bad experience with immigration officer.
I have Info-Pass Appointment. When I went there, officer just took my Info-Pass letter, GC and last letter from INS which I have N-652 result of interview. As officer see that I have problem with Dual A-files, she even not see any information in computer and just told me to wait for letter from INS. I request her couple of times but she was very rude and she even not checks anything and told me “Have nice Day”.

I don’t know what I will do? Should I try again for Info-Pass or wait for letter from INS.

Thanks

Why are running 2 separate threads on the same topic. See my response on the other thread.

chi123 said:
Hi
Yesterday I have bad experience with immigration officer.
I have Info-Pass Appointment. When I went there, officer just took my Info-Pass letter, GC and last letter from INS which I have N-652 result of interview. As officer see that I have problem with Dual A-files, she even not see any information in computer and just told me to wait for letter from INS. I request her couple of times but she was very rude and she even not checks anything and told me “Have nice Day”.

I don’t know what I will do? Should I try again for Info-Pass or wait for letter from INS.

Thanks
You should have asked to talk to that lazy's supervisor, as she is not doing her basic job, which is checking in the system. Duh, you know that there was an issue with the A-file, that's why you were there after a while to see if it was resolved or not. I wouldn't have left the office without talking with somebody above her.
sOnY