Citizenship Test in the Old Format

VisaNutz

Registered Users (C)
On USCIS website, there are 96 "sample" questions in the "Old Citizenship Test" area. I know that in the new format, IO will ask questions from the 100 questions on USCIS website. Is it true for the old test too? Or the 96 questions just really samples?

Also, besides this test, there are just the read/write test, right?

Well, if you're taking the old test, he's only going to ask question from the old test. Besides the test, you have to read and write English sentences. Other than that, I'm not aware of any other portion that deals with knowledge of American history and civics.

Actually, this is what I was asking: if I chose to be tested in the old format - will the IO ask me all the questions from that 96 question samples found on the USCIS website? Thanks.

Actually, this is what I was asking: if I chose to be tested in the old format - will the IO ask me all the questions from that 96 question samples found on the USCIS website? Thanks.
No, he will generally ask 10 and be happy if you answer 6, but the questions will be drawn from the examples.

You would have booklet with 96 questions

IO will ask only from the sample questions in booklet. For me he asked 6 and I got all correct, didn't bother to ask me more.

Writing : He asked to write some simple sentence
Reading : Asked to read even simpler sentence.

If you can read and write on this forum site, you shouldnot worry.