Citizenship takes 1 year??

monster28

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I applied for citizenship about 11 months ago and have heard nothing yet. Every time I call CIC they tell me that the security checks are done and that the application is in Ottawa for them to pick a test date.

My question: anyone else with similar experience? I am worried that something happened...lost letter, lost application...

Thanks everyone.

monster

when I applied for my canadian citizenship, it took me only 7 months to appear for the test. and after 2 months, I appear for the citizenship Oath...

Thanks,
Raj

I just done my fingerprint last week and submitted to CIC. I don't know when and how do I know they check my record or not. Can I call CIC to verify? Does anyone know how long do i need to wait for a test? Thanks!

I am also waiting for my Test date. It has been five months. Can anyone please shed some light on it? I appreciate the Help!!!

I have heard that it depends on where you apply from. If you apply from small cities, processing time would be faster when compared to larger cities? Is that true? Dont they all have to be mailed in to the same address?

Finger printing seems to be a new process added as I have never heard anyone else get a notice for doing that. It doesnt mention about it on the cic website either...

To lc99 or any one who knows

Can you please shed some lights on the FP process. At what stage of the citizenship process you received the FP letter? Did CIC provide the FP form? if not where can you get that form? do you know where you can get FP done in Toronto or Windsor? How long the FP are valid for?

Thank you so much.

I applied citizenship last May and I received a fingerprint notice from CIC last month. They provide the FP form with the letter. You must bring any of your picture ID, FP form, and that letter to the specific place to get FD done. It means they will give u a list where u can take the FP. Plus, the FP place will charge u around $28 (I thought is free but not, everything is $$$). The problem is they are not using computer to take FP and still using the ink pad to do it. So it may have a chance for u to re-take it if CIC thinks not clear enough.

Thank you lc99.
Please keep us informed as to when you will receive your interview date and any related matter. Good luck.

Its Taking around 5 mnths for test

Hi Guys,

Its taking around 5 mnths for test i applied in Aug got my test on Feb 10 now waiting for my oath hope it happens soon.

Also one of my friends applied in Nov got his test this month for Toronto, so kind a like who knows who will get it when looks like.

No finger printing letter was sent

Good Luck guys

Windsor Guy

I'm stilling waiting for the test after my fingerprint done last month. I applied at Vancovuer B.C. and maybe that's the reason late and picky..... :confused:

Did anyone apply for Canadian citizenship from US? I want to apply for my citizenship of canada. But currently I am in US. What sort of papers did you submit along with the app and fees?