Citizenship Question?

Dakine312

Hello,

I’ve been a greencard holder for over 30 yrs- when I applied for citizenship the first time- I was denied due to pending DUI case.
To make long story short- I got married to a US citizen and been married for 11 years.
I’m planning on applying for citizenship either through marriage or for being a permanent residence for 5 years (or more). If I apply through marriage what are the documents that they look for? Do they need a copy of our marriage license? Kids birth certificate? 3 years of tax filings?

Any info is greatly appreciated!!

They might, but it’s unlikely (judging from other threads on a different forum about people making this choice, who usually do it because it’s just easier). As 1aurcitizen suggests, take to interview just in case.

They might, but it’s unlikely (judging from other threads on a different forum about people making this choice, who usually do it because it’s just easier). As 1aurcitizen suggests, take to interview just in case.

Thank you! Also, just curious to why the 5 years is better than through marriage?

Thank you! Also, just curious to why the 5 years is better than through marriage?
I didn’t say it was “better”, I said it was easier. Because you don’t have to provide all the proof of the marriage still being genuine, still living together. etc. it’s just easier.

I didn’t say it was “better”, I said it was easier. Because you don’t have to provide all the proof of the marriage still being genuine, still living together. etc. it’s just easier.

My apologies- I know you didn’t say “better” my bad for using that word. Thank you soo much for the info- really appreciate it!

Have a good one!