citizenship lawsuit....

Paramvir1

Registered Users (C)
ok folks...i need your input on this matter and eventually a joint action...
i guess this usally apply to those who applied for green cards in 1999 and 2000.
i have consulted three attorneys...mr. martin and mr. kauffman in san francisco and then one in hayward.all they have same view that we can win lawsuit to be eligible for our citizenship right away based on fact that cis took much longer time to adjust our status because of their own problems.also because our permanent residency starts the day our asylum is granted. that's why we get extra year on our green cards.
now we need to be unite on this issue.we need to consult our own attorneys on this issue.as well as we need to discuss pros and cons on this issue.then we can contribute money togeather to make this a class action lawsuit.and also this will pursuade our attorney to work on this case more sincerely rather than he would do on individual case.we can meet up somewhere or ...whatever suggetions we get from members.so are you guys ready..?
let's speak up.and get informed.

Paramvir1 said:
ok folks...i need your input on this matter and eventually a joint action...
i guess this usally apply to those who applied for green cards in 1999 and 2000.
i have consulted three attorneys...mr. martin and mr. kauffman in san francisco and then one in hayward.all they have same view that we can win lawsuit to be eligible for our citizenship right away based on fact that cis took much longer time to adjust our status because of their own problems.also because our permanent residency starts the day our asylum is granted. that's why we get extra year on our green cards.
now we need to be unite on this issue.we need to consult our own attorneys on this issue.as well as we need to discuss pros and cons on this issue.then we can contribute money togeather to make this a class action lawsuit.and also this will pursuade our attorney to work on this case more sincerely rather than he would do on individual case.we can meet up somewhere or ...whatever suggetions we get from members.so are you guys ready..?
let's speak up.and get informed.

I am ready. Can provide any help you need.

I'm 100% with you on that. I created a thread for those with 2001 and earlier ND, whose cases have not been adjudicated yet. Which practical steps can we take to make it happen?

You have my support...we should create a joint account and hire a lawyer.
We should try to hire any of the lawyers that you initially consulted PARAMVIR since they already expressed their favorable opinion on this.

We can do it...we're all inteligent people here.

thanx for your positive responses.
could you please get your lawers view on this matter .and let's see if they share the same or not.and if some have different opinions ,what are they.
ask these few questions..
can we win..?
on what ground..?
how long it will take..?
what's cost..?
what if we donnt win..?is there any adverse results..?
and wantmygcnow..could you get Rajiv's view on this if possible.cuz i think he is expert in immigration.

I 100% support this idea. Also if the citizenship is given according to your asylum approval date (or the date you filed for 485) instead of GC issuing date, it's more fair to those old NDs who are still waiting for GC or even those who got GC but only 1 or 2 months eariler than those late NDs. It's extremely make me upset to see some ND06 GC approvals while ND01 still waiting. :mad:
Should we contact AILF and found who are those attorneys who won the mismangement of 10,000 asylee GC quota case and let them handle this case, or at least ask for their opinions?

But if it will take 3 or 4 years then it doesn't make sense since we should almost qualify for citizenship by then.

porkman
This is not about how long it takes. This is about putting an end to a great injustice. In cases like ours, the agency, which means to be a protector turned into a persecutor itself by putting thousands of lives on hold and depriving deserving individuals of their basic rights. This is plain wrong and someone should be held accountable for this.

Paramvir1 thanks for being creative and sensitive to our plight as asylees. What we are really going through is a silent persecution. Nobody could imagine before months ago that the asylee cap could be removed. Now we see the fruits of the removal of the cap. We see that 2006 asylees getting approvals. I think we file a lawsuit against the USCIS, and I believe we can win. We should base our argument that asylees be treated as refugees since they meet the same definition, and their residence since be backdated to the date they given asylum not the date of green-card. Also, I think consulting with attorneys I think will prolong the case. If we know some lawyers who are sympathetic to our cause and are willing to take up the case we should file a lawsuit and see what comes out. At least we should get answer…….Let us put our ideas together and make things work better for us. I am 100% behind the idea….and will support whatever I can….financially and intellectually..

faysal
You made a few very good points. Another one may be: all asylees are representatives of one class. In this class some are given preference above others, which constitutes discrimination. I agree: we should seek relief for the lost years of our lives.

porkman said:
But if it will take 3 or 4 years then it doesn't make sense since we should almost qualify for citizenship by then.

I agree with you.It takes so longer when it comes to deal with uscis.This lawsuit will help nobody cause by the time this lawsuit gets approved by the judge,all RDs 1999-2006 will reach citizenship.Then the lawsuit will no longer make any sense.

RD aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

ND 1999 & ND 2006, got GC almost at the same time. :mad:
YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT HERE!

i think it's worth trying. I agree it might not be very helpful to most of us, but there will always be people whose I-485 are considerably delayed and that would be a very good help for them

lets do it guys. i know a few top immigration and criminal lawyers who can take that case.

Last edited by a moderator:
enough praise for this idea...
now go to your lawers and talk to them.and sinnersrrom plz post those lawers name and contact so we can talk to them.and any good coordinator who can give us a plan..where we should start it.call AILA.email them..i did already ..just waiting for their answer.we will get their attention if we are number of people.

Ok

Count me in.
Talked to my lawyer and he told me that there is no way USCIS is going to count that waiting time towards my citizenship requirement. He said we'll have to get in line with the rest. :mad:

I'm more than 100% agree with this. I'm ready to contribute in any peacefull means to this. I believe that I wrote about this "discriminating law" sometimes ago in this forum. The United States constitution prohibited discrimation. Asylees and refugees are found to be people who have a well founded fear and persecution that unable them to live in their country of origin its make any sence to treat them in this discriminating way compare to their refugees counterpart. This must be stop. We must be treated with dignity, respect while processing our immigration case.

TO: WANTMYGCNOW
Would you please stick this thread on the top of the forum, so that more friends can see it and vote. We need to unite.
Thank you!