Citizenship Interview

camelot

Recently, I had my interview for Citizenship, in Chicago. The officer told me that I had passed the exam, but he was missing some information (not from me), so he could not make a decision.

Anybody with a similar experience?

Thanks

More details

Why didn\'t you ask him what the information was? What was your citizenship based on (marriage or 5 year Perm. Res.)? On my interview, I was asked to mail in more proof of relationship and I was handed out Form N-14. The form asks for more proofs of the marital relationship, which I had no problem fulfilling. I did get a citizenship interview results sheet from the officer, and it was showing that I passed the tests of English and US history. However, the results sheet had the Form N-14 line checked and the officer did not check any of the following:

_______ Congratulations! You passed your citizenship test. Or

_______ A decision cannot be made at this time.

So I am hoping to get my oath letter sometime soon since they just got the proofs they asked for yesterday.

Does anyone know how long a case takes at the review officer (N-14) for a decision to be made?

Did the officer give you the interview results sheet? What was checked in it?

How long ago was that?

new orleans interview was asked for the divorce certificate and the new marriage certificate

I passed the interview /exam on 02/28/2002 and the officer said that he needs my divorce certificate and the new marriage certificate which i furnished a week later in person. I have not heard anything since then.

No Title

The INS officer said, I cant make a decision right now, because I dont have a piece of information. I did not think it appropriate to ask what it was. HE\e did not give me any N14 form, for me to provide the information.

The interview sheet said.

X A decision cannot be made(checked).

Of course the results of the exam was passed. No other detail was checked. The sheet was given to me immediately once the interview was done.

Citisenship was based on residency.

This totally confused me. Anybody can shed some light.

I appreciate all who responded.

Thanks

Still..

I still think it would have been very appropriate to ask him what it was (in a nice way of course). After all, it\'s your busines since it\'s your case, and whatever he was missing made you pay the price by having a check mark on the "A decision can\'t be made at this time" on your results sheet.

I am not trying to be pessimistic in my opinion, but I think he owed you more explanations than just to make a check mark and say he is missing some info. Did he even tell you when to expect the decision to be made (2 weeks, 4, ...etc)?

So to be optimistic, I asked you how long ago that was. If it happened just recently, wait for about one month, then go back there anbd ask to see him (probably impossible), or try to get an update on your case.

I think you should be fine if whatever he\'s missing is located.

Good luck.

Your application

Did you apply based on marriage? Did he give Form N-14? Did you try going back there to ask about your case status?

No Title

I appreciate your thoughts. He did tell me, he will get back to me within 60 days. He was intimidating, hence I did not feel very comfortable asking him. I understand your opinion.

What surprised me was, the result, wherein I never expected him to miss something and not ask me about it. All the same, I will wait and hope for the best.

Thanks

Good luck

Please post back as soon as you hear from him.

My local office is Detroit, so we kind of have the same deal.

No Title

same question again ???
was your citizenship based on marriage or based on 5 years ???
did you had an confrontation with the law with your ex-wife ???

any reply highly appreciated

new orleans timeline for the oath

I applied based on employment in 1996 i went there two times but they said it may take anywhere from one month to 1 year for the oath in new orleans louisiana. He had given me a small form which i believe is NOT N14 and said that it needs my divorce certificate and the new marriage certificate thats all i remember.

new orleans louisiana

My application for citizenship was based on greencard I got through employment . No I didnt have any confrontation with my wife infact she divorced me.

I had a similar situation where I passed the test,but my application was placed on hold pending administrative checks. Apparently in their system there is a record of deportation for me, although I have never been deported. I also heard him say something about homicide as he was reading the information on his computer, I also have a clean criminal record. He immediately told me that it had to be an administrative error. It didn't seem to me that he wanted to volunteer any additional information,so I just reiterated that I have never been deported and have never done anything worse than get a speeding ticket. He informed me that it would take about a week to clear up the problem.