Citizenship Interview

sunesh369

Registered Users (C)
Both myself and my wife have interview on the same day at the same time. We have a 1 year old daughter who is already a born US citizen - so she is not a part of this naturalization process. Can we take her to the interview with us? Is that allowed or will they not let her in? Anybody face this situation?

People with experience please respond.

Thanks

Shouldn't be a problem. Even thought you both are scheduled for interview at the same time, it rarely works out that way. Whoever gets seen first leaves the child with the other parent.

In the event you really are both seen at the same time, one of you will take the child back with you, and just have to deal with it as best you can. Interviews usually only take 10-15 minutes or so.

Both myself and my wife have interview on the same day at the same time. We have a 1 year old daughter who is already a born US citizen - so she is not a part of this naturalization process. Can we take her to the interview with us? Is that allowed or will they not let her in? Anybody face this situation?

People with experience please respond.

Thanks
One of our friends was in the same situation. They could not find child care and so they took their child to the Interview. And it was fine.

Try to find child care. It is easier on you and your wife. But if you cannot take your child and it is fine.

My wife and I took our daughter to the interview. She was let in the office. My interview was at about 8.15 and my wife's at 9.15. After my interview, I took my daughter out of the office to walk outside, since the guards there did not like that she was running around inside. So, it was no problem.

For the oath ceremony, though, it is a different issue. You cannot take children inside the courtroom along with you for the most part of the ceremony except the end. Our oath was scheduled on the same day, and I had mine rescheduled for this reason, and it turned out to be the right thing to do. So, you may want to keep that in mind in case you can't find child care.

For the oath ceremony, though, it is a different issue. You cannot take children inside the courtroom along with you for the most part of the ceremony except the end. Our oath was scheduled on the same day, and I had mine rescheduled for this reason, and it turned out to be the right thing to do. So, you may want to keep that in mind in case you can't find child care.

Maybe this was because your oath was in a courtroom? Mine was at the local convention center, and there were several small children there. No problem at all! I'd still try to find someone to perhaps come along, since both parents are being sworn in and have to stand in line for part of the process (at least here they did), but technically bringing children was not a problem.

beg to differ on this issue. for oath ceremony, kids are allowed. in fact kids are allowed at interview process too. we took our kids 4 years and 8 months to the interview (had to travel out of town and cannot leave kids at a daycare). and took the kids again to the oath ceremony at the court house. there were tons of other kids and they all had a blast!

may be the previous poster is referring to something specific to his DO? not sure