Citizenship Interview.

direfan

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I was looking for some advice. I have my citizenship interview on Wednesday July 26. Will the sample questions in the Naturalization guide be enough preparation? Should I be studying any other matter.
This interview will be in Baltimore, MD. I filed the paperwork, N-400 in March of this year. What about the oath? Any chances of the oath happening immediately after the interview? If not, how soon after the interview, will the oath happen? Thank you very much.

Direfan :)

Hi,
I am also in Baltimore, i also sent my N-400 in March of this year.
My PD date is March 11th.

What is your timeline?

Hi,
They give the oath the same day in Baltimore, thats if your interview goes smoothly and the name check is completed.

Hi Direfan,
Is it on July 26 (Tuesday) or July 27 (Wednesday). Hoping Wednesday July 26 is typo in your initial message.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Good catch Arran, it is a typo. My interview is Wednesday July 27. My PD was March 09, 2005.

So regarding the questions, will the questions in the guide suffice?
And will the oath definitely happen after the interview? My interview is at 1:20pm.

DO -- Boston

Based on the other posts from looks like the 100 questions are enough.

That is what I am reading ..

My time line is:
PD March 11th
FP May 9th
Interview Aug 10th 10:20 am

Baltimore DO.

Wish you the best of luck on wednesday, please let us know how it goes.
Lyn.

mozelack said:
My time line is:
PD March 11th
FP May 9th
Interview Aug 10th 10:20 am

Baltimore DO.

Wish you the best of luck on wednesday, please let us know how it goes.
Lyn.

Thank you very much for the good wishes. I wish you the same. Alos I will post my experiences and mayne it will help you. Good luck.

Does anybody else know if everything goes well with the interview will they give me the oath right away? I would like to know whether to bring my family to the interview or not. Thanks.

Hi,
from the other posts on this forum it seems that Baltimore conducts their oath ceremonies around 3:00pm.

If you are done by then and there arnt any issues, i think you will be able to take the oath atfter the interview. i hope you get to do the oath tomorrow.

Lyn

mozelack said:
Hi,
from the other posts on this forum it seems that Baltimore conducts their oath ceremonies around 3:00pm.

If you are done by then and there arnt any issues, i think you will be able to take the oath atfter the interview. i hope you get to do the oath tomorrow.

Lyn

Thanks a lot.

Do I need to have passport photographs for the interview? I would really appreciate a response. Thanks.

I went and got another set of passport photos for the interview, just incase they need them. thats what my lawyer told me to do.
Lyn

Arran and Mozelack

This may not be applicable to the Original poster, but I just felt like asking anyway seeing both of you on this thread.

If I remember right, Arran and Mozelack - both of you had some thing going on with the Police / Court before (Pls correct me, if I'm wrong) and both are taking lawyers to your CZ interview on Aug 10th. I really wish you both the very best of luck! I shall be waiting to hear from you guys on your interview.

Incidentally, I had a brush with the law myself and my case is still pending in Court. As a matter of fact, it is on Aug 10 that I hope to get my Court dispositon. I'm expecting my CZ interview letter pretty soon. I wanted to take an immig attorney with me to my CZ interview and have been told by one immig attorney that even if I did hire him, it would be of no use as he is not allowed to talk on my behalf, if and when the Adjudicating officer asks some questions about conviction or disposition. If this is this really true - then it makes me wonder what your immig attorney(s) has promised to do for you at interview?

Can both of you pls post how your immig attorney plans to help you in your respective CZ interviews? It will be very helpful for some of us, who are wondering if we need immig attorney's to represent us in CZ interview. Thank you very much for any info that you can share.

YooHoo!!!! I had a successful interview and I was sworn in as a US citizen yesterday. My PD was March 9, 2005 and the process ended July 27, 2005. Not bad at all. The interview was really straight forward. I was asked 10 questions though I must say they were the tougher questions from the list. eg. who said "give me liberty or give me death", how many members in the house of reps., when was the constitution signed etc. I was also asked to write a short sentence.
I did not have the SSA status letter and it was not asked for. I gave them a copy of my latest tax filings adn then she asked me whether I wanted to be sworn in at 3pm the same day. I said yes and finished the process. All in all, really painless. I am soglad I saved money and did not hire a lawyer for the citizenship process. Lawyers are unnecessary unless it is a problem case. I feel great as I hopefully never have to deal with USCIS ever again :) I plan to file my paperwork for the passport on Saturday.

Also the processing times for Baltimore on the website seem wrong as according to the website, they are reviewing cases with a date of Aug 2004 whereas my application was filed a lot later than that but I am already done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!!

I am so happy for you.

Did you have to wait long before you were called in for the interview??

Thank you for shraing your experience with us.

Lyn.

mozelack said:
Congratulations!!!

I am so happy for you.

Did you have to wait long before you were called in for the interview??

Thank you for shraing your experience with us.

Lyn.

Thanks a lot. Actually my appontment was for 1:20 pm and I was called in pretty much at 1:20pm or maybe a tad earlier.