Citizenship interview - Staying out of US

Avi_69

Hello All
I am in a dilemma. I got an interview call for my citizenship. I lived in US till 8 months ago and had to move to India for a very important assignment. I will have to stay here for atleast 2-3 years and my payrolls are transferred to india(rupees). I have given my friend's address for all communication in US. Do i stand a chance at the time of interview ?. I have filed my 2005 US Tax returns. But I don;t have any US ( dollar ) payslips for the past 6 months. The utility bills are also in my friend's name. But I did submit change of address to the INS. I keep travelling to US on regular basis and i went to US three times after I came back to india in Aug last year.

Any suggestions ?

Regards
Avi

it doesnot matter what u r doing now as long as u convince the io that indian job is temorary...never come to assumption that u r going to be in india for 3 yrs ;)
how many months have u lived in the u.s in the last 5 years?

lm2006...i have never heard of such a thing.plz dont try to scare people.
uscis definitely messes up in some cases,but this is something even the harshest critics would laugh at!

LM2006 said:
Avi_69,

It is hard to say since it depends a lot on individual officers. I read somewhere they messed up a case just because the applicant did not have a pencil to sign :).

Having said this : Have they asked you to bring any additional proof in your interview letter? That can give a good clue. Not sure whether you have seen the list of documents needed, try to take all documents.

Which District office is yours? and When is your interview? Can you please post the outcome for the benefit of forum?

Good luck with interview.

LM

avi,
i was going through a couple of doc's....
you need to file for n470...plz go through the document..u can fle for n470 while u r outside u.s.a...
only thing being u need to work for a american company...

go through it and see if u match the requirement,if u do u r assured of a hassle free naturalization...

Hello All

Thanks a lot for lot of your comments.

Yes I do understand that I am in a precarious situation. But i cannot help it.

INS has not asked me to bring any additional documentation other than the standard ones like your green card, interview notice etc.

But I am taking all the docs with me just for safety. I am going to speak with them and explain the situation, if they agree to it that's fine, else i will just accept whatever they decide.

Do you feel taking a letter from my employer would help, ofcourse they employer has to state that I am on deputation and they are expecting me to come back after the assignment is over?.

LM2006: I will definitely post the outcome of my interview.

Rgds

Buddy,
i have always avoided johny cash's threadseversince i started in this forum.If you go through his threads you will see him attacking a indian who said he did not work for certain period.He has also made statements that people who are not working are into some kind of illegal thing's giving reference to some instance where some one who went to an interview was cought for pimping.
anyways,for this particular thing he has said that pencil delayed the process coz he had to go out to get it,which i doubt 100%.Not even the worst io in uscis would do that.
When i went for i90 i had to deal with a racist lady,but she definitely provided me the basic stuff... :confused:

avi great attitude,i went to the interview with the same attitude and got through the iv(luckily)...but i seriously think u should keep the option of n470,as you can still file for one.
arre yaar india mein ithna tharakki hein,last week my parents were in singapore,sweden..
bahuth desh hein duniya mein...
and then indian economy is at its everbest(though i find it volatile :( )
anyways bestof luck

LM2006 said:
query11 : I was not trying to scare. Here is the link, where johnycash mentions that becos the applicant did not have pencil, his case was delayed.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197782

Here is the text:

[13] Pencil: In one of the immigration forum, an applicant was asked to sign the back of his photos with pencil, but he could not be able to find a pencil anywhere in the whole USCIS building, which made him to go out and come back some other time, which delayed his application. So, it is advisable to carry it with you. It doesn't hurt to be over prepared than not.

I do not know, how true above is and the probablities of me getting asked to sign in pencil. But nothing wrong in going with extra preparation.

Avi_69 : Do you work for US employer? Then carrying a letter maybe worthwhile. when is your interview?

LM2006

query11 said:
avi,
i was going through a couple of doc's....
you need to file for n470...plz go through the document..u can fle for n470 while u r outside u.s.a...
only thing being u need to work for a american company...

go through it and see if u match the requirement,if u do u r assured of a hassle free naturalization...

N470 must be filed before one's absence not after. How many times are you going to give wrong advice to people, query11?

notagain anyways,nice to see you back in the forum.
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/N-470.pdf

How Do I File Form N-470?
You do not have to be in the United States to file Form N-470,but you must file it before you have been absent for acontinuous period of one year. However, members of aqualifying religious or interdenominational missionorganization may file Form N-470 before or after an absenceof one year or more.

naturalizer123 said:
N470 must be filed before one's absence not after. How many times are you going to give wrong advice to people, query11?

Problem2006 a.k.a query11

letme know if i am wrong so that i can correct myself....but howmany times are you going to humiliate yourself buddy.

problem2006 a.k.a query11.....

hahahahhaha....
dude u r crazy man...you are really funny...thts why i always avoid you but u seem to have a problem with me....

givemegclord said:
Thats correct.

query, shame on you for providing wrong information . But anyway Query has sold his ID to suzy who is racist to "T". Such a disgrace.

Last edited by a moderator:
problem2006 said:
notagain anyways,nice to see you back in the forum.
http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/files/N-470.pdf

How Do I File Form N-470?
You do not have to be in the United States to file Form N-470,but you must file it before you have been absent for acontinuous period of one year. However, members of aqualifying religious or interdenominational missionorganization may file Form N-470 before or after an absenceof one year or more.

It is meaningless to file N470 after you are absent for a year. If you are not absent for a year, it is also meaningless since it is not needed or required. So the only way to file N470 is do it before you are absent from US. Get it? Halfwit.

Problem2006 a.k.a query11

halfwit?,
if u r out of america for more than 6 months, that breaks your continuous residency.....
get it
mr n400 application....a.k.a naturalizer123

who on earth said u should apply for 470 after a year?
the > than one year exemption is for ppl going out on religious grounds...
and then you said one cannot file for 470 while out of u.s i answered ur query.

naturalizer123 said:
It is meaningless to file N470 after you are absent for a year. If you are not absent for a year, it is also meaningless since it is not needed or required. So the only way to file N470 is do it before you are absent from US. Get it? Halfwit.

Last edited by a moderator:
So now please tell me who is misguiding the people here...me or you?

and i am not joe f ....so better luck trying to annoy me...

:D

Stay in the US for more than 32 months in 5yrs

Hi friends,

This is related to this topic. I have an urgent query. Please read the following and advice.

I got my GC in Aug02.
I was contnously in the US until Jan04.
Since then I have stayed outside the US on 4 long trips where each duration was less than 180 days.
In June06 I will be returning to the US for good.
My five years from GC will will Aug06

I have taken care of more than 2.5years of US stay and no trip more than 180 days. I hope this is fine with the naturalization requirements for filing in 2006. Would greatly appreaciate your inputs.

Thanks.

Kumar