Citizenship Interview - Postponed/cancelled

I am in similar situation...my original interview date was may 6th..got cancellation and still waiting.
The 800 number says the case can't be found in that system contact service center where the case was submitted....tried various options but could never get to the rep today. One time bfr, I did get to the rep, he just read the same thing on the notice...said he had no info.

Got infopass apptmnt for tomorrow...lets see what they say...

I am in similar situation...my original interview date was may 6th..got cancellation and still waiting.
The 800 number says the case can't be found in that system contact service center where the case was submitted....tried various options but could never get to the rep today. One time bfr, I did get to the rep, he just read the same thing on the notice...said he had no info.

Got infopass apptmnt for tomorrow...lets see what they say...

kalci,

Did you end up going for your infopass apptt last week? How did it go? Please share your experience. Thanks.

Went to NYC and talked to a IO(via infopass apptmnt).
Initially, they wouldn't say anything except wait....after little prodding I asked about Name check etc...and then they looked up in the system and said that name check was ok and that everything looked ok...and I just need to wait.
Quizzing how long ...got the usual answer...saying 1 month, 3 months, 1year etc...so it was useless....but assuming the IO told me correctly...atleast I now the file isn't stuck in NameCheck.

Nearly 2 weeks after infopass apptmnt, We got a interview letter scheduled for October 16th. Hopefully this won't be descheduled.

Now I will have to move a different place in next city(a mere 8 miles away). Not sure how this affects the interview process...and if I should tell them now or when I go for interview...my move could be around Oct 1st.

Nearly 2 weeks after infopass apptmnt, We got a interview letter scheduled for October 16th. Hopefully this won't be descheduled.

Now I will have to move a different place in next city(a mere 8 miles away). Not sure how this affects the interview process...and if I should tell them now or when I go for interview...my move could be around Oct 1st.

By law you are suppose to tell them within 10 days that you have moved to a different address. In your case, you can call the cust service and inform them once you move and have a new address. You can also fill out this form AR-11 and mail to the Kentucky address. Do keep a copy for your records and take it along with you on the day of your interview in Oct. This change of address should not have any effect on your interview assuming it's going to be the same DO. Make sure to get an updated license with your new address before your interview to show it the IO as he is going to over your N-400 to verify your address/tel number etc etc.

Deschedule victim!

Hi,
I had my citizen ship interview scheduled along with my wife on July 22'nd. But just 2 to 3 days prior to that, I got a Phone call from local USCIS office saying that they did not recieve my file and the interview date has to be postponed. On the next day I recieved a letter from INS saying that due to unforseen circumstances my interview date has to be cancelled and they would let me know my next date. Has anyone had similar experience? How long is the wait in these cases?
Any response is appreciated.

Thanks

Reposting under this topic

Phoned up the USCIS info line for the latest about our progress. Found out that name check went fine, fingerprints went fine, an interview was scheduled for late September until Bam! Descheduled without warning.

Never did receive the original IL. After giving me this gem of information, the officer hung up on me so I couldn't even find out what happened.

This sucks

K