CITIZENSHIP INTERVIEW--N 652 ( no decision can not yet be made ) / SEATTLE DISTRICT

seattle_victim

Registered Users (C)
CITIZENSHIP INTERVIEW--N 652 ( no decision can not yet be made ) / SEATTLE DISTRICT

Anybody out there whose letter, given after the interview ( N-652 ) says "no decision cannot yet be made" ?

Did you receieve any mail about your case before or after 120 days?

If so please share with us!!!!!

Thank you

u better call them up and find out or sue. my case being stuck with "security clearence" /"background check". Its been 8 months without decision.

when was u interview?

good luck,

futureuscitizen

Thanks for the reply. I dont know about other district offices but you can't call directly Seattle office. I have been writing to the IO who interviewed me, nothing is happening yet.
He also wrote "IP pending" right next to "a decision cannot yet be made" . Do you know what IP stands for?

The interview confirmation letter wrote that I should bring the following docs:
*marriage cert
*spouse's birth cert
So I took those with me to the interview, gave the correct answers and what not and then he asked me what I've got with me. I gave those docs I mentioned above, then he said: What else have you got? What else what goddam it?
He told me that since I was applying through marriage, I was supposed to show some supporting docs (joint tax returns, mutual bills, etc)
I have a zillion bills and tax returns at home, if only I thought to take them with me.
And then he started asking me questions about my marriage really fast as if not believing that I am living with my wife: do you guys live together? Did you file taxes jointly? Is she here in the building?
The thing is, while he is asking me those, he is flipping thru my thick folder which already consists all of those supporting documents.
Then I said, I can call my wife and she can drive here in about an hour with all the docs you request, but nope, he already got up and showed me the door.

So I got home and express mailed all those supporting docs to him. But no reply so far.

So you said its been 8 months for you, have you applied for a hearing after 120 days? If you did, how long did that take?

I wasn't applying through marriage, but they asked for my marriage certificate anyway. I didn't have it with me. I mailed them the docs overnight.. That was 2.5 weeks ago. haven't heard anything since.

Anyone with similar experience.. please post.

odessit said:
I wasn't applying through marriage, but they asked for my marriage certificate anyway. I didn't have it with me. I mailed them the docs overnight.. That was 2.5 weeks ago. haven't heard anything since.

I am on the same boat as you yet I have been waiting for even longer. I was interviewed on 7/11/06. I got a N-14 form asking for Marriage Certificate for the name change ( I wanto to change to my husband family name)
I sent the additional document in early August and have heard nothing since.
I have a infopass appointment at Baltimore this Friday. We'll see.

BTW, my husband IVed on the same date also asked to send in additional doc, yet he already took his Oath last week.

back from infopass appointment

Well, the entire appointment was quite efficient. I waited no longer than 15min.
The finding is --
The officer who interviewed me just got my document "yesterday", although I mailed in on August, 1st. Anyway, more waiting time for me to hear the final result.
Yet at least I found there was none lost in the mail.

odessit said:

I guess seattle d.o loves controversies...

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/lawsregs/SEA-notice.pdf#search="seattle citizenship"

why would some one ask u supporting docs if u did not apply for n400 based on marriage??

anyways best of luck.

seattle_victim said:

Anybody out there whose letter, given after the interview ( N-652 ) says "no decision cannot yet be made" ?

Thank you

I had same response on my N-652. Name check pending with FBI. I have been waiting for 2 years. I wasn't aware of Writ of Mandamus and 1447(b). I didn't think you can sue the governement because they're sitting on your application. I started searching for info on the internet and bumped into this forum. I learned about the mega mess of Natz delay and law suits. I am filing 1447(b) next week. My advice is you don't waste your time like I did. At the 121 day, if you don't hear from them file a law suit.

Seattle_victim,

See my signature. I went through the same "cannot make decision" nonsense. I waited patiently for 120 days, then I filed my case after 122 days - just to be certain that nobody questions how to count the days - because I read somewhere that for USCIS purposes, they start to count on the day AFTER the event in question.

seattle_victim said:
So you said its been 8 months for you, have you applied for a hearing after 120 days? If you did, how long did that take?

Got my letter

Just for odessit's information -
Not too long after my infopass appointment on 9/22 at Baltimore, this week I got my OL dated 9/26 for the oath ceremony date on 10/20.
Best luck to you all!

maylin

I passed English and got N-652 say that "no decision can not yet be made "
And please follow the instruction form N-14 check mark box "your permanent or immigrant file"

if you have same me please share with us!!!!!

Thank you

maylin said:
Just for odessit's information -
Not too long after my infopass appointment on 9/22 at Baltimore, this week I got my OL dated 9/26 for the oath ceremony date on 10/20.
Best luck to you all!

maylin

Thanks, Maylin.

I've scheduled my infopass. I want to make sure they have received everything. I want to avoid waiting for 4 months, then calling them and be told they don't have my docs.

I just came back from the Infopass. They did receive all the missing docs. When I asked so when should I hear from you guys, officer told me "The rules have changed." and then she stamped my delivery confirmation/usps print out and wrote: "Docs received 9/20, Officer has 240 days to make decision."

Can anyone comment on this? I though the immigration law says that the waiting time is 120 days and then you can request a hearing. PLEASE HELP! :confused:

I Am In He Same Boat

I Went To My Interviewed For Naturalization..

First I Passed The History And Civic Test, Then Later After Signing The Application.. The Officer Checked:

B) A Decision Cannot Yet Be Made On Your Applicatio!!!

Can You Please Let me know When Do You Had A Respond From Uscis Regarding Your Application And If They Sent You The Oath Ceremony Letter..

Thanks...

Thank you

Same thing happended to me, I passs the us history and civic test, then the officer asked me some questions about the application, but he did not tell me to send any documents, just that he needs to consolidate my file..

I think he wants to check my answers with my personal file, he said it takes about 2 to 3 months to get to him..

How was your process, ? For how long did you wait? did thay sent you the oath ceremony or any kind of letter?

Please let me know...

Thanks...