Citizenship interview done today!

vidyaravich

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
First of all, thanks a lot to all for you for helping answer a lot of questions and concerns over the last few weeks and months. My husband's and my interview was done today. And it went off without any glitches and we were both approved for our citizenship (finally!).

My whole interview lasted about 3 mins. His about 5 mins. The officer first went over my N400 form and asked me about 8 questions, all from the civics list. I had to read and write a very simple sentence, sign my photos which I had sent with the N400 app and that was it!

I was still waiting to see what I had to do next when he told me that I would be called for the oath either in Sept or Oct, depending on availabilty of slots.
The interviewer was extremely professional, but very very cut and dried. Just asked questions, and I answered. No small talk, no nothing else.

He only asked to see my green card, interview letter and nothing else. Not even my passport. He never asked for the Selective services letter, even though I was not eligible to apply anyway. So you guys were right, it was a complete non-issue. He did not ask for any tax stuff, just asked if I filed taxes every year.

I had applied in Louisville, KY (Texas Service Center). My dates were as follows:
Priority date: 1/31/05
Finger print: 5/17/05
Interview date: 8/11/05
Oath: Either 9/3 or 10/14/05

I never thought I would get here, but sooner or later, it does happen. Thanks again for all your help and good luck to all.

vidyaravich said:
Hello all,
First of all, thanks a lot to all for you for helping answer a lot of questions and concerns over the last few weeks and months. My husband's and my interview was done today. And it went off without any glitches and we were both approved for our citizenship (finally!).

My whole interview lasted about 3 mins. His about 5 mins. The officer first went over my N400 form and asked me about 8 questions, all from the civics list. I had to read and write a very simple sentence, sign my photos which I had sent with the N400 app and that was it!

I was still waiting to see what I had to do next when he told me that I would be called for the oath either in Sept or Oct, depending on availabilty of slots.
The interviewer was extremely professional, but very very cut and dried. Just asked questions, and I answered. No small talk, no nothing else.

He only asked to see my green card, interview letter and nothing else. Not even my passport. He never asked for the Selective services letter, even though I was not eligible to apply anyway. So you guys were right, it was a complete non-issue. He did not ask for any tax stuff, just asked if I filed taxes every year.

I had applied in Louisville, KY (Texas Service Center). My dates were as follows:
Priority date: 1/31/05
Finger print: 5/17/05
Interview date: 8/11/05
Oath: Either 9/3 or 10/14/05

I never thought I would get here, but sooner or later, it does happen. Thanks again for all your help and good luck to all.

Congratulations!

Are you and your husband interviewed together?

Congraluation.

One quick question:

Is you and your husband inteviewed together (at the same time in same room)or was it a seperate interview?

Thanks

We were not interviewed together. My appt was for 10 AM, his for 10.30. I was called in first and he was called about 5 mins after me. I am not sure if they will interview people together or not. More than likely not.