Citizenship Interview Descheduled by INS

My interview was cancelled by INS Office over the phone!!

anybody had the same case!!!
Applied Sep 2005
Fingerprint Oct 2005
Interview Letter Nov 2005 for Feb 2nd 2006
Call from INS 1 Feb 2006
still waiting
-----------------------------------------
I received a call on my Cell from INS Officer in LA, he informed that my interview for the next day will not take place due to technical issues????and i will be receving by mail a letter from INS with the new date with 2 to 4 months!!. I called my Immigration attorney, he was angry why the INS did not call him since he is representing me. he contacted the immigration office in downtown LA, Talked to the Immigration officer supervisor, confirmed the information with them in case it was a bad joke from somebody. the Immigration supervisor apologize to the attorney for not contacting him first and he confirmed the appointement cancellation. it has been already more than one month and I am still waiting.
any similar experiences

Descheduled interview

San Francisco Do

My original interview of Feb 8 was descheduled and today (10 March) I have received the interview letter for interview on April 04, 2006.

Anxiey on rescheduling of interview is over!!

Thanks for the forum

Interview Deschedule

Any updates.??? Any one from NJ whose interview was deschedule and got reschedule again. Its almost 2 months now I have not heard anything from them.

Interview de-scheduled.

I, too, have received a letter from the INS stating that "for unforseen circumstances" my interview has been cancelled.
My interview was supposed to be on may 16th, in Charlotte, NC.
Now, I don't know when will i receive another interview date.
Does anyone know of how long the delay will be?

Thanks,

mercyforall said:
I, too, have received a letter from the INS stating that "for unforseen circumstances" my interview has been cancelled.
My interview was supposed to be on may 16th, in Charlotte, NC.
Now, I don't know when will i receive another interview date.
Does anyone know of how long the delay will be?

Thanks,

Can you post your time line, also what is the notice date of your IV letter and the notice date of the descheduling notice?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
joey101 said:
Does any one think that this recent de-scheduling is due to the recent USCIS statement that they will not schedule interviews unless all the background checks are completed including the infamous "Name Check"? This statement was a result of ADC class action lawsuits all over the US.

Please read para 4 of the below link.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,,-5779903,00.html

While this could be true, but I myself went on infopass and spoke to IIO who told me that the reason is that they have not sent my file to the DO, I did ask her if anything is pending and in particular, the Name Check, she told me everything is complete.

Go Figure!

InfoPASS Appointment

I went in Boston today for an InfoPASS appointment. They said all checks are finished, the file is still at VSC. They canceled the interview because they were overbooked for that day. Both VSC and Boston are scheduling interviews and VSC is doing so without asking Boston if space is actually available. So when Boston got my appointment, they asked Vermont to cancel it.

Very friendly lady at the counter, but was unable to give any estimate as to when to expect interview to be rescheduled.

So back to waiting... :(

Interview descheduled

Got citizenship interview (at San Francisco DO) scheduled on Aug 4, 08 letter on Jul 1, 08. Then got descheduled interview letter on Jul 31. Went to SF DO, and they said they didn't receive my file. They said my file is still (or returned back to review?) at California Service Center pending Name Check. I filed for citizinship in June 2007. Any advices what actions to take, or just wait?