Citizenship Interview Descheduled by INS

maui98

Registered Users (C)
I had a citizenship interview scheduled in early June in INS office in Charlotte, NC, but two days ago I received a letter from INS, saying "due to unforeseen circumstances", they have had to cacel the previously scheduled interview, they will advise me of any further action taken on my case.

I wonder anyone had come across this kind of situation ? what does this mean ? Do you think INS will reschedule my interview?

Thanks

maui98 said:
Do you think INS will reschedule my interview?

Thanks

they have to schedule your interview. however, when will they schedule your interview? that is a big question

It could be something as simple as one or two employees putting in for vacation that week - or somebody quitting or becoming ill.

It's probably not something associated with your file.

-Ocelot

no big deal

it happened to a friend of mine (also in Charlotte) about 8 months ago. In his case they had to reschedule due to some training they had going on. He got the same letter as you got and a month or two later got a letter for the rescehduled interview.

Maui 98 could you post you Priority Date. I have also applied in Charlotte in April and would like to get an estimate for how much time it takes there.

Thank you all for responses

Thank you all for responses

my time line so far:

PD: 04/25/04
FP: late August, 2004
Interview scheduled: 6/3/05
Interview descheduled: 5/5/05
Interview rescheduled: ???
Oath: ???

Last edited by a moderator:
maui98 said:
I had a citizenship interview scheduled in early June in INS office in Charlotte, NC, but two days ago I received a letter from INS, saying "due to unforeseen circumstances", they have had to cacel the previously scheduled interview, they will advise me of any further action taken on my case.

I wonder anyone had come across this kind of situation ? what does this mean ? Do you think INS will reschedule my interview?

Thanks
I received a similar letter today cancelling the interview, please let us know when they have rescheduled it or when something new comes up

any updates???

Maui98, Coucou: Any updates on your cases? I got descheduled recently ... interview was originally scheduled for 8/2/05 (FP Aug-2004). Please reply.

To Maui,

I received another letter from Omaha a week later rescheduling my interview to july 19th. The original interview date was june 6th. The interview was done at the scheduled date and time. I was told that I passed so now I am waiting for the oath letter, 2 to 3 months they said.

I never found out the real reason why they descheduled me but I suspect it was a problem on their end.
My priority date was july 6th 2004

Hi ,
My interview is in mid Sept at Charlotte. A/c to this thread atleast two ppl got descheduled at the Charlotte DO in the past two months. Has anyone heard of any recent interviews at Charlotte in the month of June and July???
or they are just descheduling everyone???
Thanks

Heard nothing from Charlotte INS

I have not heard anything from Charlotte INS, I have sent them 3 letters asking for information, but got no response at all.

I have no idea what I should do, any suggestions ?

Thanks

Maui98

Hi,
Have you thought of visiting Charlotte Do?
You'll have to get an infopass thru USCIS website in order to do so.
I guess you should do this as its been almost 3 month since they last contacted you.
Atleast you'll get an idea what's going on with your file.
Please keep us all informed with any progress.
Thanks

UOTE=maui98]I have not heard anything from Charlotte INS, I have sent them 3 letters asking for information, but got no response at all.

Thanks

Maui98[/QUOTE]

Any uodates

maui98 said:
I have not heard anything from Charlotte INS, I have sent them 3 letters asking for information, but got no response at all.

Thanks

Maui98

Do you have any upodates on your case? did you find out why the deschedualed your interview? I have a similar situation at Hartford DO!

No information still from Charlotte - rescheduling

Mine was earlier scheduled for August along with my wife but then descheduled. My wife's interview and oath are done (August / September). As of today Nov 23, 2005 I have not heard anything from the Charlotte office. I wanted to wait for 3 months before I inquired. I called the USCIS national service center (NSC) and they took my information and they sent a query to the Charlotte office. They suggested me to call them (NSC) back if I don't hear from the Charlotte office within 30 days. So I will wait.

[PS: Along with us a couple of our friends had their interview on the same day (as my wife's) and oath etc. So things are moving but some of us got dropped due to whatever reasons... I was told that it's no fault of ours]

Please post any updates on such descheduled cases.

Thanks!

I had the same situation. I took an INFO pass and the officer told me it was deschedulaed becuse they have not received my A -file. I suggest you do the same and find out why. If the A- file is missing then write to you service center and ask them to send it.

Deschedules

I dont know why INS is taking their time. My interview was set in December and now its almost over two months but i have not heard anything back from INS. If I do not receive anything in couple of weeks then i"ll go visit the charlotte office.
Keep me posted if you hear anything from them.

Cancelled interview.

I am in NJ, I got the letter from Newark stating it has been cancelled. Does anyone know how much time it would take to get reschedule.

Thanks

CoolPal said:
I am in NJ, I got the letter from Newark stating it has been cancelled. Does anyone know how much time it would take to get reschedule.

Thanks

Very hard to tell. I gathered from my own experience it might take 1-2 months. Most likely they do not have your A file. I suggest you write to your Servc Cntr and aske them to send it to the DO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Descheduled Interview

San Francisco DO

On January 5, I received my letter for interview on 8 February and on the same day I got another letter descheduling the interview. I got an Info pass and checked up with DO on 8 February for the interview letter and they informed me that interview for a number of people have been descheduled in December and I will get the letter in another 3 to 6 months. I was informed that the papers are in DO office, but not told what is causing the delay.

If any person got an interview letter after descheduling of the first interview please post the details.