Citizenship Interview and tax questions

INCorUSC

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

I was going thru the documents needed for interview and it says ' last 5 yrs of tax return'. I've my returns for last 3 yrs only. Do they usually ask for last 5 yrs of tax returns or last 3 yrs only?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I was going thru the documents needed for interview and it says ' last 5 yrs of tax return'. I've my returns for last 3 yrs only. Do they usually ask for last 5 yrs of tax returns or last 3 yrs only?

Thanks!

If you are married to a US Citizen - 3 years
If you are not, then it will be 5 years,

Thanks a lot Rick. So sinc eI do not have it, is there a way to retrieve this info from IRS so I can produce it, if asked at interview time?

They did not ask me for any tax info. I have read here from some people that they were asked, and from some they were not, it sounds like it is a hit-or-miss situation.
Better safe than sorry :)

Good luck,

G.

They did not ask me for any tax info. I have read here from some people that they were asked, and from some they were not, it sounds like it is a hit-or-miss situation.

True, but it is more of a miss than hit. They usually do not ask for this, unless either you have checked a related box, or they suspect something.

Better safe than sorry :)

Good luck,

G.

Seems to be more of an issue for marriage based applicants and those who've spent long periods of time outside the country.

Study Visa

Hi,

Is it possible to porcess my wife's student visa for a graduation course,would she get spouse visa for me and student visa for my son.Will it allow me to work full time.

Just in case if she does not get good IELTS score,will she get visa based on her language study in USA with some extra fees.

Is it possible to porcess my wife's student visa for a graduation course,would she get spouse visa for me and student visa for my son.Will it allow me to work full time.

Just in case if she does not get good IELTS score,will she get visa based on her language study in USA with some extra fees.

That has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Please start your own thread in the "Education in USA" section.

Unlikely they will ask you for 3 years of tax return. I did not even provide any, so it may depend on case by case