Citizenship Interview and NP - Please help

asylee1999

Registered Users (C)
:eek:I lost my NP last year and then got a duplicate passport from the consulate of my country. But I never used this new passport. I have a Citizenship interview in couple of days. Should I show my new passport to IO or just tell him that I lost my passport. I have a police report of my lost passport.

Please advise.

:eek:I lost my NP last year and then got a duplicate passport from the consulate of my country. But I never used this new passport. I have a Citizenship interview in couple of days. Should I show my new passport to IO or just tell him that I lost my passport. I have a police report of my lost passport.

Please advise.

you show them both of the new passport and the police report, dont hide any thing from the officer

the worst thing can happen is that you may not get a decision immediately
after the interview,

the officer may need to review and check your travel history,

if everything is straight , you will get a decision within a week

having said that, it really depends on the officer

you will be lucky if you got an officer who does not care

good luck to you

Last edited by a moderator:

Please advise.

Did you get a police report for the lost passport?

If you tell INS that you get a new NP, it will be a big issue in your interview.

My friend is the same situation, INS told him there is an investigation for his case. Now 4 moths passed, never hear anything from INS.

Yes, I have a police report for the lost passport. I am thinking not to hide it because I don't want to lie in front of IO and have seen lot of people with renewed passport didn't get any problem.

If I lie to IO and somehow they found out about my new passport then it may jeopardize my application. But I am still debating within myself.

hi asylee
i have same problem i lost my passport and now i have citi interview soon
i a from india and live in ny ijust lost my np went to police station to file a police report but i was told that i need a letter from indian counsulate. i called indian consulate they said i need to bring my copies of old passport and proof of my stay in usa and apply for duplicate passport and ask for police letter at the counter.guys please share your exp and is there anyone who has done interview without a passport .i have never traveled anywhere

Yes, I have a police report for the lost passport. I am thinking not to hide it because I don't want to lie in front of IO and have seen lot of people with renewed passport didn't get any problem.

If I lie to IO and somehow they found out about my new passport then it may jeopardize my application. But I am still debating within myself.

if you read the asylee citizenship interviews, you will notice a lot of people renewed their NP AND THEY passed their interviews successfully

If you never use it, why you want to trouble yourself?

old saying: Do not trouble untill touble troubles you.

How can they know you have a New NP?

Do not fret over small stuff. Take the new passport and nothing bad will come out of it. All they need to know is that your passport does not show long stays out of the country and that you meet residency requirement.

Do not fret over small stuff. Take the new passport and nothing bad will come out of it. All they need to know is that your passport does not show long stays out of the country and that you meet residency requirement.
Dear Copper:
But my friend was the same case, he showed his new NP while interview, 4 months passed, he got nothing from INS. He got a paper after interview at once that said: he passed his English test. INS will investigate why he could get a new NP and told him to wait for the result by mail.

new NP is also an envidence from oversea protection from your motherland.

Masybe my friend is unlucky.

Last edited by a moderator: