Citizenship in Miami

thiagobarcelos

Registered Users (C)
Does anyone know if we can swear in the same day as the interview in Miami? If not, does anyone know what the time frame is between the interview and the oath ceremony? Have citizenship interview on the 18th of May.

Oath Ceremonies in Florida

In Miami district, which includes Tampa, Orlando, and Jacksonville, they don't have oath same day oath ceremonies. If you pass the interview and everything is in order, i.e. file is complete and name check is clear, you will receive an oath letter in mail informing you of the date and place for the oath ceremony. Usually, they send out oath letters 2-4 week before the oath dates and after the interview it can take anywhere from 1 to 4 months on average, although some people have waited for 6 months. In Miami, they periodically do big ceremonies at Miami Beach Convention Center. Tampa, Orlando and Jacksonville have their separate ceremonies generally on a monthly basis. Good luck with your interview.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miami N-400 timeframes

thiagobarcelos,

How did your citizenship interview go? Would you post the dates you received from priority date to oath date? I'm also applying for citizenship in Miami, which seems to be one of the slowest district offices in the country. Here are my dates so far:

Priority Date: 02/10/05
Fingerprints Date: 06/25/05

Thanx for any info.

BebaMela

Miami Timeline

N-400
Sent from Miami FL 03/23/05
Received at TX 03/25/05
Received 1st Notification fron INS
Fingerprints Notice: 04/19/05
Fingerprints Date: 05/12/05
Interview Notice: 07/30/05
Interview Date: 09/23/05

FOIPA Request
Sent from Miami FL 04/11/05
Received at FBI Headquarters Washington DC on 04/16/05
Received 1st Notification of IN_PROCESS from FBI 04/21/05
Received 2st Notification of PROCESSED (NO RECORD FOUND) from FBI 05/21/05

This is my timeline in Miami, everything is going fast so far, i filed a FOIPA request as i read in this forum, i don' know if that really made my process faster, but it worked for me,