Citizenship - I was laid off 1 month after GC, then took 2 yr re-entry permit....

I have a letter from the company telling me that my services are not required because of the reorganization (i.e. cost cutting) of the department. I presume that letter should suffice?
Yes. You can also point out that you actually worked for the sponsoring employer again some years later.
But, I still remain concerned about the 2 year exit-permit I took after I lost my job. Can that be an issue during N-400 interview?
That 2-year break ended more than 5 years ago, it won't affect your citizenship eligibility. If you get a hostile interviewer who hassles you about it, just explain the situation and you should be OK.

Yes. You can also point out that you actually worked for the sponsoring employer again some years later.

That 2-year break ended more than 5 years ago, it won't affect your citizenship eligibility. If you get a hostile interviewer who hassles you about it, just explain the situation and you should be OK.

Thanks!

Your reply is very reassuring, but some anxiety is still there.

I'll finalize application this weekend and then submit next week.