Citizenship for Children

Kevin1970

Registered Users (C)
Hi !

I have my Citizenship interview in June and currently my children (Minor - Greencard holders) are with me on a vacation from India.
I would like to apply for their citizenship too together with mine.

Heard that I can apply for their citizenship and passport together with my
passport application after my oath.

It would be highly appreciated if anybody with the similar situation could explain me the requisites and procedures

Thank You very much in advance.

Kevin

If they are under 18 and living with you when you naturalize, they would automatically become citizens when you naturalize. You don't need to apply for their citizenship.

However, if you want clear *proof* of their citizenship (a passport or N-600 certificate), you have to apply for it, after you become a citizen.

Last edited by a moderator:
not living with us citizen fathe

i will have my oath on may 19, 2008 and i have three kids all gc status as well but they live with their mom ( ex- wife) in Boston. They are all under 18 , can i also get their citizenship through me?

thanks in advance for your opinion,.
If they are under 18 and living with you when you naturalize, they would automatically become citizens when you naturalize. You don't need to apply for their citizenship.

However, if you want clear *proof* of their citizenship (a passport or N-600 certificate), you have to apply for it, after you become a citizen.

i will have my oath on may 19, 2008 and i have three kids all gc status as well but they live with their mom ( ex- wife) in Boston. They are all under 18 , can i also get their citizenship through me?
Not when you naturalize. But it may be possible later if/when you get custody and they start living with you while still under 18 (I'm not sure of this, consult a professional or do your own additional research).

Is their mother a US citizen? If yes, they probably already are citizens.