Citizenship costs

Thanks for the replies. Some of which were helpful , some personal but humorous. I am a desi but it should not matter whether I am a desi or not. I don't mind you guys targeting me personally (but I feel bad when you target India/Indians).
Also, it is humorous that my innocent question managed to inflame some pent up anger in some of you.
From here I gather than getting funding is next to impossible (but no harm in asking Betty or Carl as some one put it). Thanks for your replies

Peace :)
Rajah

How is gathering $675 next to impossible? Also, most non-Indians have no idea what "Mr. King" or "desi" refers to (me included), so the ones taking personal jabs at you are more than likely Indian themselves.

Rajaha .. may be you need a bailout from the fed .. call them .. money and time is running out and it is first come, first serve .. good luck

N400
01/29/2009 - Mailed N400 to NBC Texas
02/02/2009 - NBC received my N400
02/16/2009 - Received FP notice
02/26/2009 - Done FP at local INS (Albany, NY)
03/21/2009 - Received interview letter
04/29/2009 - Interview Date
??/??/2009 - Oath date

Come on please people are spending crazy amounts of money just to get a green card and you complain about $675. I know it is not cheap but if you are working and have a stable job from what i read, do not be cheap .

Your company already made a big favor for you , do not demand $675 from them too . Save money and if you do not have money then do not apply .

You are one of the luckiest person who is eligible for US citizenship, people are spending million $ for that so be thankful to your company and pay $675

If complaining about high fees is desi mentality, then docile acceptance of high taxes, sucking up whatever the govt. does and tolerating shoddy treatment by USCIS is American mentality. I'll stick to desi mentality.

Come on please people are spending crazy amounts of money just to get a green card and you complain about $675. I know it is not cheap but if you are working and have a stable job from what i read, do not be cheap .

Your company already made a big favor for you , do not demand $675 from them too . Save money and if you do not have money then do not apply .

You are one of the luckiest person who is eligible for US citizenship, people are spending million $ for that so be thankful to your company and pay $675

I think we have different perspectives. GC was not a privilege that was granted, it was promised as a job benefit for accepting a crappy employment at low pay. Ditto with citizenship, we are neither grateful to our employer nor do we consider ourselves lucky to be eligible for US citizenship.

if you feel you are luckiest person because you are eligible for USC - then you need to really get a life.

If you guys have no relevant answer to the questions asked you really need to learn to shut up and not post anything.

$675 is not buying you a citizenship - It is being paid for a service and this service is not not always what it needs to be or should be. So it is alright to complain about the cost of the service if you ain't happy with it.

People get reimbursed for services that have nothing to do with their ability to do their jobs - perks of the job. So it is not far-fetched to ask if anybody had experience with it.

Come on please people are spending crazy amounts of money just to get a green card and you complain about $675.

Exactly! Some replies are personal bc you look like you want a cheap ride. Maybe employers have to pay the immigration of your relatives as well???