Citizenship changes during PR processing

dingdingdo

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone,

My wife is under a weird situation. She has filed her I-485, 765 and 131 last August, and I-765 and I-131 has been approved at the beginning of this year while I-485 is pending. She just got her Canadian citizenship this MOnday, I have a couple questions for her situtation,

1. Does she need to reapply I-485, or just update her citizenship with INS by sending them the updated passport information? For approved I-765 and I-131, are they still valid after the citizenship change? does she need to reapply for these document?
2. will the citizenship change delay her US PR processing? or delay the whole family PR processing?

Thanks for your experience.

dingdingdo said:
Hi everyone,

My wife is under a weird situation. She has filed her I-485, 765 and 131 last August, and I-765 and I-131 has been approved at the beginning of this year while I-485 is pending. She just got her Canadian citizenship this MOnday, I have a couple questions for her situtation,

1. Does she need to reapply I-485, or just update her citizenship with INS by sending them the updated passport information? For approved I-765 and I-131, are they still valid after the citizenship change? does she need to reapply for these document?
2. will the citizenship change delay her US PR processing? or delay the whole family PR processing?

Thanks for your experience.

Acquiring a new citizenship has no impact on 485 processing. YOu don't need to send anything to USCIS and all approvals/petitions remain valid.