citizenship Card

ikm

Registered Users (C)
Do I get the citizenship card the same day I take the Oath or I have to wait to get that in mail. I am taking my citizenship oath in few weeks. Since, I work in U.S I need to get back the same day. Does anyone know if I will have any problems crossing the border?

you will get your citizenship card same day in person,,,,,,can i ask when did you sedn the aplication iam wondering how long is taking these days?

Application Date: December 2003
Test Date: November 2004
Oath: March 2004

Took me 15 months.

Hi IKM,
Can you please share some more information about you case please, as to what is your status in the U.S. and if any question were raised during the test about your being in the U.S. ? I moved to U.S. after applying for citizenship. ( I have U.S. GC now). Response would be appreciated.

I was going to a university in detroit and living in windsor, Ontario. Yep they did ask me about the residency requirements. Soon after the test I was taken to a citizenship officer. She just confirmed if all the information I put on the applicaton was right. I didnt have my old passport with me so she wanted to look at it. I had to schedule an appointment with her. I didn't have any major problems. She didnt ask me for any prove. I guess she was convinced that I was living in Canada. Since you have Green Card, they are good chances that they will call you for an interview. If you lived in Canada for 3 years, you shouldnt have any problems.

confuse???

ikm said:
I was going to a university in detroit and living in windsor, Ontario. Yep they did ask me about the residency requirements. Soon after the test I was taken to a citizenship officer. She just confirmed if all the information I put on the applicaton was right. I didnt have my old passport with me so she wanted to look at it. I had to schedule an appointment with her. I didn't have any major problems. She didnt ask me for any prove. I guess she was convinced that I was living in Canada. Since you have Green Card, they are good chances that they will call you for an interview. If you lived in Canada for 3 years, you shouldnt have any problems.

Hey,
u have to go with a Judge ??? for citizenship... If yes what questions she asked u.

replay me boss
bye

Now a days, CIC is conducting a minor interview before the citizenship test on the day of the citizenship test. They ask routine questions about the residency requirements. They will also look at the passport (old and new) to find if the person travelled abroad and if so for how long. If they have any doubts they would schedule you for an interview with a citizenship officer on the same day after the citizenship test. A person will be asked to appear before a Judge only if the citizenship officer is not convinced or cannot validate the application.

One can make the citizenship application smooth by just being honest with the information presented on the application.