Citizenship Application - My timeline

Priya75

Registered Users (C)
Just in case it helps, here's my timeline as per CIC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
We received your application for grant of Canadian citizenship (adult) on October 23, 2003.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application, and a study book called A Look at Canada on October 23, 2003.

We started processing your application on February 11, 2004.

Your file was transferred on March 04, 2004 to the Mississauga CIC office for the citizenship testing and taking of the citizenship oath.

We sent you a notice on May 25, 2004 to appear and write the Citizenship test on June 22, 2004.

We sent you a notice on July 09, 2004 to appear and write the Citizenship test on July 23, 2004.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Received notice for Citizenship Oath Scheduled for Dec 3rd '04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't believe, even though I missed 1 test and was a month behind but it took more than a year!! But finally it's here!

Timeline for citizenship??

Congrats!!!

Just a small question on timeline. Did the notice for second test in July came automatically or you had to notify in writing or phone call the CIC office to re-schedule your test date.

I missed my test date in July and still haven't heard from them about rescheduling. All they tell me is that they are upgrading to a new computer system and there are some problems so they have stopped scheduling temperoraly. BTW I am due for the test in windsor area.

If anyone has any idea what might be the cause of the delay or has similar experience feel free to share.

Thanks,

pack

hi pack,

i've heard it's different laws for each region. i know that for mississauga and brampton, they automatically schedule you for the 2nd if you missed the first but if you miss the 2nd then you have to call/write/explain etc.

i dont know about your region but for me, i just missed the first and got the second in mail few weeks later.

Sometimes it seems timelines are really fast. Here is mine:

We received your application for grant of Canadian citizenship (adult) on October 21, 2005.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application, and a study book called A Look at Canada on October 21, 2005.

We started processing your application on November 16, 2005.

Your file was transferred on January 20, 2006 to the Vancouver Citizenship office for the citizenship testing and taking of the citizenship oath. The Vancouver Citizenship office will contact you to write the Citizenship test.

We sent you a notice on January 28, 2006 to appear and write the Citizenship test on February 14, 2006 .

Here are my time line, let see how long it take them to "Actually" schedule the test:

We received your application for grant of Canadian citizenship (adult) on
March 08, 2006.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application, and a study
book called A Look at Canada on March 08, 2006.

We started processing your application on March 27, 2006.

Your file was transferred on May 03, 2006 to the Scarboro Citizenship office
for the citizenship testing and taking of the citizenship oath. The Scarboro
Citizenship office will contact you to write the Citizenship test.

Interested

Hello
am Toki O. m. Dennis name who is will to Visit Usa and i Need Document to Present at there Port Of Entry.....
Thanks
you cab write back to me on this email....miami_jeff23@yahoo.com

GONC,

Exactly when you received the letter acknowledging receipt of your application, and a study book called A Look at Canada on October 21, 2005?

or anybody else please let us know after how many days of application you received (not sent by CIC) the acknowledgement letter?

Thanks in advance.