Citizenship and theft offense-need some help

proni

Could anyone please help me to may be share your experiences or give a piece of advise on some questions I got. I've been to couple lawers but they say absolutly different things. I got convicted of a shoplifting. At first I was charged with 4th degree offense which is punishable with a term of imprisonment not to exceed 18 months here in NJ but my case was disgraded to disordely person offense and remained in municipal court. Here in NJ a disordely person offense is punishable by a term of imprisonment not to exceed 6 months. The court's disposition actually states that I'm on probation for 2 years, got to pay fine - which I did, and do 10 days of community service - which I completed as well. So basically I wanted to clear out for myself if my case falls under those exceptions stated in immigration procedures that still allows me to apply for citizenship - not quite sure what they go by and what papers I would have to present them in case I apply. What are my chances?
thank you so much for your help

If this incident is fairly recent, i.e. within past 5 years, your application will likely be denied for finding of a lack of good moral character. However, you will likely not be deportable as a result.

I can find you a case where someone was sentence to 10days community service and 5yr probation. And within that the ICE team pick him up and send him back to his country.