Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman: Prakash I. Khatri

Vsach

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

It would be very relevant to contact Prakash Khatri....

Prakash Khatri was appointed as the first Department of Homeland Security, Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman in July 2003 by Secretary Tom Ridge. The Ombudsman assists individuals and employers who experience problems with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). He also identifies systemic problems with USCIS processes and recommends solutions. Mr. Khatri has provided executive leadership, vision, and direction to this office from its inception as a one-person entity to its current status as a team of 30 professionals and administrative staff.

As the Ombudsman, Mr. Khatri has made numerous recommendations to the Director of USCIS for changes to the immigration benefits process based on data collected through various outreach activities including: traveling to over 120 USCIS and other department facilities, meeting with Homeland Security immigration officials, and conferring with countless private individuals and community based organizations. Mr. Khatri also meets with federal and state government leaders as well as stakeholder organizations to learn of the difficulties they experience with USCIS. In addition, Mr. Khatri has served as an advisor on numerous departmental immigration reform initiatives and acted in a key leadership role for the department's Second Stage Review’s Immigration Policy Team....

Regards

Dear VS

Thank you for contacting the CIS Ombudsman regarding the recent USCIS announcement that it will reject applications to adjust status (I-485) filed by foreign nationals whose priority dates are not current under the revised Department of State (DOS) July Bulletin. For additional detail on the USCIS and DOS announcements, please see the two links below.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/VisaBulletin2Jul07.pdf

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3263.html

Please also see the Ombudsman’s discussion of this issue in the office’s 2006 and 2007 Annual Reports at www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman.

Thank you again for contacting the Ombudsman. We have noted your concerns and will continue our mission of assisting individuals and employers with problems encountered with USCIS.

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
US Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225
Email: cisombudsman@dhs.gov
Web: http://www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman

It is a very slow process

were you able to find his email address ? how to contact him ?
Case problems should be sent to CIS Ombudsman by snail mail. Here is the response I got on June 13 to my first e-mail with DHS Form 7001 attached:
Thank you for contacting the office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CISOMB).

While I do some preliminary checking, please use the following boilerplate information to submit a formal case problem.

CISOMB is charged with assisting individuals who experience specific problems during the immigration benefits seeking process with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Additionally, the Ombudsman identifies systemic problems in the immigration benefits process and recommends solutions to USCIS.

This office is barred from offering legal advice and, for privacy reasons, cannot accept case problems over the internet. We look forward to receiving your case problem via regular mail, as detailed on our website at www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman/. With the necessary consent completed, we can check the status of your matter.

Sincerely,

Mail Stop 1225
Web: http://www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman

When I followed up with an e-mail on July 1, I got the following response:
We can confirm receipt and data entry of your case problem last week. As the matter is currently under review, we have no update to offer. Furthermore, please know that, if the case is deemed appropriate for forwarding to USCIS, you will receive a letter to that effect from CISOMB stating that USCIS has 45 days in which to respond to your inquiry.

In sum, until and unless we refer the case to USCIS, the clock does not start running and it is from USCIS that you will receive a status update.

Sincerely,

Mail Stop 1225

I feel besides what AILFA is organising we should also commuincate to Secretary Rice, she is the HOD.