Citation

vijayakotla

I am a business owner, I got citation for selling underage alcohol by mistake. I paid my fine of $150 for the citation.Can anybody help me with this scenario regarding the Part 10 Good Moral Character in the Citizenship Application(N400). How will it effect my application for Citizenship.

No need to worry

Aibolit is right. Make sure you let the IO know about your situation. Please take a copy of that citation along with you along with a receipt that says that you've paid your fine. You'll be ok. Not a big deal. It was a mistake and you have paid the price.```

I have to disagree with rest of the crowd.I was watching Asia TV Immigration show on Sunday.Where someone has similar issue as you .It is considered felony selling alcohol to minor.Thats said it does have its consiquences if you do not mention it on you appllication and please definelty consult lawyer.Not sure why folks would give you incorrect advice if they have not gone thru similar situation.Please remember any incorrect suggestion made in this forum can have negative impact on lot of people.You should only reply if you have gone thru similar situation and are 100% sure it.Hope this helps.:)

I have to disagree with rest of the crowd.I was watching Asia TV Immigration show on Sunday.Where someone has similar issue as you .It is considered felony selling alcohol to minor.Thats said it does have its consiquences if you do not mention it on you appllication and please definelty consult lawyer.Not sure why folks would give you incorrect advice if they have not gone thru similar situation.Please remember any incorrect suggestion made in this forum can have negative impact on lot of people.You should only reply if you have gone thru similar situation and are 100% sure it.Hope this helps.:)

dckaraja I totally agree with you. I also wacthed that show today. Good advice about consulting a immigration lawyer.

Can you please expand for the benefit of all what happened in that case on the TV show?
thanks.
dckaraja I totally agree with you. I also wacthed that show today. Good advice about consulting a immigration lawyer.

Can you please expand for the benefit of all what happened in that case on the TV show?
thanks.
Nothing much this guy is a immigration lawyer in NY/nj area and he answers the questions people ask .Today he answered that particular question about selling liqueor to minor and I think who post the question here is the same guy who ask the question at TV Asia.

This could be looked at under two different catagories.

A) the individual here owns a liquor store and didn't ask for the proper ID or his employee didn't ask for the proper ID and got caught (or the ID was fake).

Or B) the individual was asked by some kid outside a store if he could buy him something and he went in and did it and then got caught. Or he was suppling it at a party to underage kids etc.

I think the first part of him being a business owner and accidently not checking (or his employee) not checking might be easily regarded as understandable and probably wouldn't affect the N-400 under the moral code. The second one, however, might affect the N-400 and really should get a lawyer for that one.

Either way you will need to take the citation as already mentioned and declare it on the N-400 and then up to you do decide if you want to seek professional advice...