Citation search

LUD

Registered Users (C)
I will appreciate if I get a website to look for citations. I am in a medical field. Thanks for your help guys.

I will appreciate if I get a website to look for citations. I am in a medical field. Thanks for your help guys.

There are things like WebOfScience and Medline. However, these site are not accessible for free and require a site subscription. If you go to a universty library or a public library, you should be able to access them from there.
You can also do a GoogleScholar search, http://scholar.google.com/schhp?hl=en&tab=ws, which is free, although the info it gives is much less accurate.

I always get better and accurate citations using Google Scholar than Scopus. Try both Google Scholar and Scopus.

Three options:

Scopus
Google Scholar
ISI Web of Science

If you don't have access to Scopus, send me your first and last name and affiliation and I can run a citation search for you.

Good luck!

Btw, one cannot compare these three and I would recommend using all three if your citation count is less than 100, which is the case for most of us.

Scopus updates faster than ISI Web of Science because it is part of Elsevier. Google scholar picks up a lot more citations that appears online (such as books, magazine articles, theses, etc.) and not so much that are indexed in the traditional way. Web of science is accurate but takes a long time to appear in the citation search if you were to do one. It is behind Scopus by 3-4 months, in my opinion. So, use all three and see for yourself.

Citation

I dont have access to Scopus, could you do a search for me?

Three options:

Scopus
Google Scholar
ISI Web of Science

If you don't have access to Scopus, send me your first and last name and affiliation and I can run a citation search for you.

Good luck!

Sure. PM me your First and last name with your current affiliation (if you think there are more than one person with your name).

I think it really depends on the field of research. I’m in IT and many of my publications are under IEEE or ACM, not Elsevier. Scopus doesn’t show most of my publications or citations but Google does. So in general, I think all of them should be used.

Sure. PM me your First and last name with your current affiliation (if you think there are more than one person with your name).

my email is my id here jgk332 at y-a-h-o-o.com.. without dashes ofcourse.could you please email me there....