CIR is dead

It's election time, nobody's taking bold steps right now. Timing is too sensitive. They're better off doing nothing than doing something that might turn out to be suicidal.

Let's hope many antil-immigration will suffer spectacular defeats and next congress will be more of a game to do something. First or Second quarters of 2007 are our best hope. Let's also hope that Prez Bush will keep pushing Immigration issue and not abandon it like he did with Social Security reforms.

www.shusterman.com says SKIL bill might pass

shusterman also says SKIL bill might pass, this will be a big time relief for retrogression.

All politicians will say they want to pass this or that. So that they are argue they fought tooth-n-nail to pass an immigration bill but the "others" derailed it. This is their best option in all debates. You'll hear a lot of statments why it's necessary this or that ASAP. Don't take anything on face value right now.

Nobody will pass anything just in case it might turn out to be suicide.

garg_gaurav said:
shusterman also says SKIL bill might pass, this will be a big time relief for retrogression.

your assessment is right on the money.....nothing is going to go thru....
we're just wasting out time keeping our hopes up for nothing...

gravitation said:
All politicians will say they want to pass this or that. So that they are argue they fought tooth-n-nail to pass an immigration bill but the "others" derailed it. This is their best option in all debates. You'll hear a lot of statments why it's necessary this or that ASAP. Don't take anything on face value right now.

Nobody will pass anything just in case it might turn out to be suicide.

Honestly, for me, CIR was born dead already. I never expected this to pass.
Regarding the SKILL bill (some guys at immigrationvoice.org call it SKULL bill) that remains to be seen. At least that one has some chance to pass next year, provide they also compromise and drop those insane provisions to increase H1B at 20%/year, let master students come here and apply for greencard, etc. Again, I wish us good luck. Personally I put more trust in the Visa Bulletin advancement than bills in the mid-term. I still think the SKIL bill can make it next year though if it becomes more modest.

nishokie said:

nishokie said:

who is wasting time.......waiting for a legislation??

I am sure most of the people on this forum are smart enought to know that the last thing they can bet is "politicians" or some legislation by them.........that too to bring relief to Legal skilled immigrants .........guess what it's quite possible that legal skilled immigrants may get screwed once again because of some bill for illegals........just like it happened in 2001 and screwed up the Labor process....and we have still not gotten out of that mess...

It's wonderful that the Axis of Amnesty is defeated.

kamrans said:
Sorry to provide you all this information but shusterman today reported that CIR is dead.
Check out www.shusterman.com

Good Luck to all.

you shall feel vindicated unless you belong to the Axis of Amnesty.
Glad to see those legal aliens hopeful but unable to take a free ride with the illegals, thieves and criminals:)

CIR is dead and I am very glad that this news came sooner than later... This opens up the path for some sort of legal immigration retrogression relief bill before the end of this year. CIR seemed too good to be true right from the begining.

I will not be surprised if SKIL bill will be enacted into the law before november election.