Ciba, they seem to listen to you...

Maja

Registered Users (C)
So please tell these people that call IIO\'s all the time, that there is no need to do that for every trivial reason that comes to their mind. I am so tired of these people that have no patience, no regards to others, no common sense. We are all I guess (highly paid) professionals, so how do they manage to sit on the phone half a day every day is beyond me.
Thanks,
Maja

No Title

Im my opinion, the common sense is that there are only a extremely tiny fraction of people who file applications to INS come to this site. even if all people visit this site stop calling, it won\'t improve the situation at all.

No Title

As I said earlier - I never did and have no intention to. What is that going to help me? But the concept seem to be to far to reach for you...Sad.

No Title

if you don\'t call at all, what is it to do with you? i just don\'t get it. sounds like the callers got your share of fortune?

No Title

sorry If I was rude...it\'s just getting at me I guess, all the tension and all. It\'s been almost 5 years since we started...

No Title

maja, you are right. Even IIOs track the calling.I was trying to call for the first to know the status of my 485 application which is pending for more than 2 years, i didn\'t get the line for almost 1 month. I tried calling 30 minutes everyday. Still i couldn\'t get the line. At last i got the line and talked to a rude IIO who was so arrogant in answering to the questions saying that people call every other day to check FP,1st system and 2nd system as if we are not working. Then he checked the system and found that i am calling for the 1st time (they seem to track it) and asked me to wait for 2 more months. He told that based on processing times my application should have been approved long time and anyway give 2 more months and i will verify your application.

I think it will nice if people don\'t call them without any real reason and calling them everyother day will piss them off and they track the no. of times you are calling also.

No Title

Hi Maja, kevin, and old485,

I usually advise people not to call CSC for trivial reasons (for example,
checking whether CSC has received finger print results after checking
with FBI).

However, as Dimpu stated in another thread, different folks react
things differently. Some would like to make sure everything is ok,
which is understable as green card is one of the most important
processes for us immigrants. Everyone can make a judgement
whether to call or not based on their own "tolerance". It is so
difficult to get through the line anyway, and you will waste precious
time if you keep calling.

ciba

No Title

ciba you are right. People should call only for genuine reasons without calling every other day to have a chat with different IIOs. There was big discussion in www.isn.org about calling IIOs. People were posting that they call almost every day and talk to differnt IIOs and get different answers. Definitely it makes things very difficult for people who are trying to call for the 1st time for a real problem. I dont\' know why people don\'t understant this. Unless there is some problem, calling IIO won\'t help anybody except it stops others from calling after waiting hours to get the line.

Hope CSC stops approving cases randomly.

No Title

Hi Old485,

Thanks for your reply - and Ciba\'s too :)
I agree with you and I wish that your green card gets approved real soon. 2 years is a very long time. What I find so amazing is people like you who are PATIENT and wait for 2 years and call ONCE to ask for status of their case. But guess what – they cannot get through because everybody else is checking statuses of their fingerprints...and then they get confused with different answers from different IIO\'s so they call again...and again...As you said - it\'s not helping anybody