Ciba,Received FP notice finally..Please add me to your list

GCapplicant1998

Registered Users (C)
I finally received my FP notice, a week after my wife\'s. But INS goofed up there also. The alien registration number in my FP notice starts with \'T\' instead of \'A\' although rest of the number is correct. Shall I ask INS to correct it and send me new FP notice or just go to ASC and get FPs done with carrying the original receipt notice of 485.

PD : 9/98
RD : 12/18/00
ND : 1/9/01
EB2 (RIR) India
FP : 3/14 (wife) 4/14 (self,month later)

Can we just walk-in to ASC before these scheduled dates and get FPs done.
Please share your thoughts.

No Title

Hi, Ciba, Please Update.

I am in the same boat. My wife and son (age of 4) received their FP notice last Saturday, while I just received mine
today. But the FP scheduled date was the same, this month. My A# is the similar as GCapplicant1998, which is T*. I
do not think it matters. My wife already did her FP this Wednesday with the copy of the notice. I will try to do it
tomorrow. No EAD yet.

Good luck to all of us!

csc109

No Title

Hi GCapplicant and csc109,

Your cases will be added/updated shortly. The alien registration
numbers always start with A, not T. I would not worry too much
about it. Good luck for your finger prints.

ciba

No Title

csc109, What you are doing in your sons case are you going for FP for your son, My son and daughter got FP notices, we have to go for FP or not to go, lawyer told under 14 FP is not necessary. So then why INS send this FP notice. Is this notices for any other reason. Please clarify .

No Title

lakshmirao,from this website, several people received FP notice for very young children. On the notice, it said "discard this notice if under 14 years of age". So, do not worry about it. They do not need. ASC staff also said so. The only reason that INS sent the notice, I guess, is that they do not what to check carefully for every applicant before sending the notice.

Good luck!

csc109

No Title

csc109, since you are planning to do your FP today can you please share your experience. is your asc san jose too. like you I also have my FP notice reflect A# to start with T* and received FP notice after spouse, so are in same boat. i will wait for your reply. regards.

No Title

GCapplicant1998, I did my FPs this morning. This is Goleta ASC. No people were waiting there when I entered. They did not mind the scheduled date, or maybe they did not check it. However, they did require my original notice this time. They said never mind the T. There was no special meaning. When typing into the computer, only the numbers, no T or A. So, everthying looks fine!

Good luck!

No Title

congrats for completing one more milestone and wait for impending nirvana (i mean approval). thanks for sharing your FP experience. isn\'t this site helpful and encouraging. here we get to exchange thoughts with people in same situation.