Ciba: PP Stamped - Boston!

srrn

Registered Users (C)
Ciba, Our I-485 was approved from CSC and we are in Boston. We had moved but had California address on the approval notice asking us to go to San Jose. We just went to INS office in Boston today and we got our passports stamped without problem. The officer was new and she was getting everything reviewed again by another officer. The second officer asked why we came here instead of California and we said that we had moved. He did ask any evidence of residence here and we showed and he was satisfied.

They stamped passport saying temporary evidence valid for one year and said we will get card later. They only filled one form and wrote only the A-number in it (I-551 request form) with signature and index fingerprint. We werent given any other info. Since this officer was new I was concerned if she was doing everything right!

Ciba, is there a case number or something for tracking the plastic card status? Can you also add me to the plastic card tracking?? (My handle in I-485 list is Shandar). PD: Sep 98, EB-2 RIR, India, ND 8/2000, AD 3/2001.

Overall we had a nice experience at INS Boston even though our case was filed at CSC. My wife got interim EAD in Boston with receipt notice (within a week after receipt notice) while I did in San Jose. My wife did FP in Boston and I did in San Jose. Hope we get our cards soon!

You could post this experience in your site if you want.

Thanks.

No Title

Hi Shandar,

Thanks for writing up your stamping experience in Boston. I am
more than happy to add your message to the Personal Experiences
section and also add your case to the plastic card waiting list.

The number to track your plastic card status is the same wac
number of your I-485.

Can you post the exact passport stamped date? Thanks.

ciba