Ciba, please help me out here....2nd FP notice received

dentyne

Registered Users (C)
I hope you remember me, I\'m the guy who\'s 140 took 8 months to aprrove last year when average processing time was about 3 months becuase my lawyer marked the wrong category and we had to ammend it. Then we(me and my wife) field for AOS but my lawyer didn\'t inform NVC so my 140 was transffered to the consualte in HK causing another delay.

Well, enough said, we took our FP back in late March and confirmed with FBI that they were sent to INS on 04/01/01. I called CSC 2 weeks ago and IIO said FPs haven\'t been received yet and today we both received our second FP notices! Can you please tell me what\'s going on here? I thought we\'re almost there!(since WAC-01-104-xxxxx has been processed and ours are 01-108) Does this mean our cases are still on the shelf waiting for initial process?

I couldn\'t reach my lawyer and I\'m very confused and worried! Should I ignore the notice or go ahead and have our FPs taken again? Please share some advise, thank you very much!

No Title

dentyne on hindsight you should have called IIO way back in april to confirm but anyways since you called 2 weeks back and IIO says not received I would say go ahead and do FP again...also its possible ur FP is in system 1 and not transferred to system 2.

No Title

Thank you mnd I did call CSC back in April, actually about 10 days after we have our FPs taken. The mean IIO refused to check on the FP status she said "it\'s too early to check on your FP, it took us weeks to get FPs blah, blah, blah...". I am so bad luck! I really want to know the reason of the 2nd notice. If it\'s becuase they haven\'t received our FPs, why don\'t they look into system#1? Could it be issued by mistakes? I\'m really confused here.

No Title

I thought if FP is not good I should\'ve received something other then Form I-797 with reason of redo on it. Besides, on the notice, under Fingerprint Notification it said "Regular". It\'s the idientical form I received more then 3 months ago.

No Title

Hi dentyne,

Yes, I remember you case. Bad luck indeed. From you
descriptions, there is nothing wrong with your FP.
Many folks received two (or even three) notices in
the last batch, creating quite a confusion. The
computer which generates FP notices most likely has
glitch that causes the problem.

What is the appointment date specified in the current
notice? Normally, you can ignore the duplicate notice
(as stated in there), but just to be on the safe side,
you should just go ahead and do it again. You can ask
the technician at ASC whether you need to do the process
again. Sometimes they will tell you to forget it if
you have done it already.

ciba

No Title

Thank you so much, ciba! The appointment date is suprisingly close, it\'s 7/26/01. I agree with you that I\'d better go ahead and do it, it shouldn\'t hurt my case anyway. In the notice, is says "please disregard this notice if you have been fingerprinted by the INS within the LAST 90 DAYS." Unfortunately, it has been over 100 days (if weekends are included), so I think I\'ll go ahead and do it tomorrow. Thanks again and wish all of us good luck!

No Title

I too received a second Fingerprint notice (scheduled for October). I\'m not that worried. Since the FBI confirmed sending the prints they should be there on the computer.

Probably needs to be transferred from one computer to the other.

No Title

Canuck I remember you had gone to Van Nuys for FP about 1 week ahead of me right in March ?? If i get FP notice this week I too will ignore it since I have confirmed twice with CSC that mine and wifes FP were received by them and they are "fine" and valid for 15 months...

No Title

debo_nair, if I were as lucky as you then I wouldn\'t be so worried since CSC has received your FP. For my case, CSC hasn\'t received my FP when I called them in the end of June, that\'s what makes me worried.

No Title

Hi Dentyne,

I have one question for you ,you said in your posting that after you filed your I485 your lawyer didnt inform NVC .Can you explain what do you mean by that .

The reason i am asking you this question is , My lawyer also made a mistake in the category of I140 and now i have an RFE asking to change the category and ammend I140.Can you please tell me what precautions i should take from my side to avoid and confusions and problems you have faced .

Thanks
Sajan

No Title

Sajan, in my case my lawyer didn\'t wait until an RFE was issued, he went ahead and filed another I140 when I found out the mistake. He kept saying that "CSC will consolidate the 2 cases". However, I ended up with TWO I140 cases in CSC and we got an RFE for the second one because he didn\'t include employer\'s financial statement, it caused me a lot of trouble! Your case is somewhat different then mine since you have received an RFE, it should be less complicated.

The reason I mentioned NVC is becuase my 1st I140 was sent to NVC after it was approved and becuase my lawyer didn\'t let NVC know that we went for AOS, NVC went ahead and forwarded it to the consulate. In my case, it took 2 months for CSC to request the consulate to send it back. Depends on the processing time of each service center, it may or may not affect your case. Hope I\'ve answerd your question.