Ciba pl. add myinfo

ramcrk

Registered Users (C)
PD 8/95
I-485/AP/EAD:
RD: 1/5/2001
ND: 1/22/2001
Finger print appt: 3/3/2001 (received appt letter on 2/23/01)
Waiting for approvals for all three applications.

Even though I have received the Finger print appt letter, I never received receipt for I-485/AP/EAD applications. Only my attorney did. Is it common?

If I want to get the interim EAD at the local office, can I take photo copy of the EAD/I-485 receipt received by attorney? Please share your experiences.
Thanks

No Title

The receipt (ND) of ur application is always sent to the lawyer if they have filed the application for u.
Answering ur question regarding EAD.. if u have not received ur EAD 90 after ur application (RD) was sent , it is possible to go to the local INS office and get an interim card.
Hope this helps.

SSC

No Title

Thanks SSC for your reply.

One more question. As mentioned in my earlier message, only my attorney got the receipts. My attorney sent only the copies (of receipts for I-485, EAD and AP) to me(originals are with him). When I go to Local office(if I don\'t get EAD within 90days of RD) for interim EAD card, do they accept the copy of the (EAD/I-485)receipt or do they expect original EAD receipt. If INS accepts only original, I have ask my attorny for the original receipt.

Thanks.

No Title

Hi ramcrk,

Nice to see you moving on to I-485 stage. Please look for your entry
in the next tracking update scheduled to be posted this coming
Tuesday.

Can you post your country of origin? I cannot find the info in I-140
lists.

Copy of EAD receipt notice is acceptable for interim EAD application
(at least in San Jose office). Good luck,

ciba

No Title

Thanks ciba. I appreciate your time and your efforts in maintaining the web site( http://www.geocities.com/ciba_2/I485/WebCSC.htm ). It is so informative and is so organized. Thanks to you and others who helping you in maintaining the site.

I am from India, EB2 catagory. My PD(8/95) is so old that, I thought it(country, catagory) does not matter. It took 4years for LC(regular)(I think there was no RIR in 1995 and my company started doing RIRs only 1998), 17months for I-140. Hope I have better luck at least for I-485.

Good luck to us all.

No Title

Hi ramcrk and Kevin,

Ramrck\'s PD is indeed very old. In fact, it is one of the oldest
in CSC tracking list. The current record is held by Afrikaner
who has an PD of 12/94 (by the way, where is he now???) Many of
those with old PDs filed their cases sometime in 1998 and the
majority of them were approved. As for I-140, it is currently
taking only a few months to clear.

But keep your hope up. I always believe that the longer the process
takes the sweeter the outcome. Let\'s hope for the best.

ciba