CIBA , FP question for you,Please reply

sajan

Registered Users (C)
Hi Ciba,

I have applied for I485 in oct00.My notice date is nov3 2000 .I have not received my finger printing notice yet.However, i have received the EAD AND AP .I am from India.I see in your tracking list that nearly every body with NOV00 ND has received finger printing notice .This makes me a little worried.Is it possible to ask the INS to send a FP notice as i think i am eligible.Do you think it will be good idea to go to the local INS office to get a FP notice .Will calling the IIO work ?

Is there any other way to get a fp notice ?

Ciba and other expirienced people on this board , can you guys please reply and give your views.

Thanks
sajan

No Title

There is no harm in calling once and checking to see why you have not received the FP. It happens to some people and nobody know why.

No Title

Hi HariA,

Thanks for your reply.I have one very important question.While i was going through my receipt of I485 i saw that the priority date field is left blank.However the I140 approval notice has the priority date endorsed in the priority date field .Now is this a normal situation.OR IS INS MISSING THE PRIORITY DATE in the priority date FIELD BY ERROR ON MY I485 RECEIPT.CAN YOU CHECK YOUR I485 RECEIPT PLEASE AND CONFIRM THIS .

Thank you in advance for your help.

sajan

No Title

Hi sajan,

The blank PD field in your I-485 is nomal. There is nothing wrong
with that. As for finger print notice, which local INS office
are you planning to go to?

ciba

No Title

I am in sunnyvale ,so i think the local office to which i am affiliated will be sanjose i suppose.Please advice

Thanks
sajan

No Title

no PD mentioned on my 485 receipt. i will prob. start another thread to check other. ciba mentioned it is normal but i am curious if it is a standard procedure.

No Title

Call CSC and just mention that you haven\'t received FP yet. My ND was in 9/00. After I called CSC with in a 10 days I got my FP. It doesn\'t hurt mentioning it.

No Title

Hello,
My I-485 also had the Priority date empty. So far my application is ok. So I wouldnt worry about it.
Cheers.

No Title

sajan,

You are lucky to be in Sunnyvale. San Jose INS office is known to be very
helpful and flexible in issuing finger print notices. However, you need a good
reason to convince them that you need a notice (seeing many ND like yours
receiving notices is probably NOT good enough). Try to make up a good
excuse before you go. Good luck and please keep us posted.

ciba

No Title

No PD mentioned on my I-485 receipt either. I had my FP taken and received AP and EAD. My ND is 1/22/01 and PD 8/95.

No Title

Hi Ciba ,

Thanks for your reply .Do you know of any reasons which might have worked in the past ,Maybe i can use something simmillar.Please give your suggestions on the type of valid reasons i can give .

Thanks
sajan

No Title

Hi sajan,

The most plausable reason I know of works only for couple/spouse
applications. If you were to tell them that your spouse has
received finger print notice, and you have not, San Jose office
will almost certainly buy your augument and issue you a notice.
For those who are single, I have yet to find a strong enough
reason. Can you think of any?

ciba