Ciba and other Gurus, please advise this, Thanks.

Jason Yang

Registered Users (C)
Ciba and other CSC Gurus, I have a situation need your guys advice. Please help me out. I applied my wife\'s EAD when I submitted my I-485 and her EAD RD is 4/9/01.

On 6/18, my attorney received a RFE on my wife\'s EAD regarding my I-140 approval notice. My attorney replied the document on 6/23 and the CSC answer machine system has not mentioned if they receive it. I heard it will be another two months for CSC to clear mail room.

Now my wife got a job offer and they want her to start work. I am wondering could we still walk into Santa Ana service center to get her interim EAD. I am worried because CSC already issued RFE on her case and it will be much more complicated. Anybody has suggestion? One more thing since we live in Kern county, can we still go to Santa Ana service center to apply interim EAD? Thanks in advance.

No Title

I would give it a shot and see what happens. the worst that can happen is that the Santa ana office would reject your temporary EAD card. i know it is quite a drive but you dont have any other options.

No Title

Hi Jason,

I would also suggest you try it out, as suggested by
hariA. Prepare a good reason convincing them why your
wife needs a card badly. Oftentime it works. Good
luck,

ciba

No Title

ciba and all gurus,
  According to the new memorandum we can switch employer my PD SEP7 1997
I485 Date SEP 1999. I been with same employer for the past 5 1/2 years and i need
to switch the employer what type of paper work i need to submit to the INS i believe
i have to give letter of intent of INS. please advice on this issue as the clock is
ticking no positive news i am so frustrated

No Title

Thanks HariA. I saw your post on the EAD experience before. Would you please confirm it if Local INS computer(Santa Ana)can access the same information as CSC\'s. I am wondering could Santa Ana officer see my wife\'s RFE when they pull out her file. I really appreciate your comment. Thanks.

No Title

hsang,

The memo which came out weeks ago addressed this issue: you
may want to inform INS of the job changes, although it is not
absolutely required. I think your case is close to adjudication.
Why don\'t you wait a little longer before you switch? This
could save some potential complications before the last minutes.

Jason,

Local INS offices share information with CSC. An IIO at a
local office can find out about your or your wife;s case
from their computer screens.

ciba