Ciba and other experianced people, Please answer my question?

november99

Registered Users (C)
COLUMBUS, OH is my residence address. And 4 weeks ago i I-485, EAD and Advanced Parole applied at CSC
because my company head office is in CA. I also want to apply EAD at local INS office for my wife
as CSC is taking more time to Issue it.
In our case, Which is the local INS for us to apply EAD?
My attorney has answered for question 16 is (C)(9) in EAD form.

REFERENCE:

Go to the above form , page number 6 , Where to file section, NOTE:
It says \'if your response to question 16 is (C)(9), file your application at the same local INS office or service center where you submitted your
adjustment application\'

No Title

EAD and AP should be filed at the service center which has your
AOS file. Only after your case is transferred for an interview or
if you apply for interim EAD do you file the application at the
local office.

ciba

No Title

ciba, Thanks for reply.

Yes, That is true. I and my wife applied for EAD & AP along
with I-485(AOS) at CSC on Feb 16th 2001. I am expecting receipts soon. I believe CSC is taking about 90 days for issuing EAD but my wife needed EAD very urgent because she got a job.

As my residense address is Columbus, Oh which is under cincinatti, Oh local office area. She wants go to Cincinatti(EAD\'s are issuing here on same day) ofice for again applying EAD.

Here my question is.... Can she go in person to Cinicinatti, oh office for applying EAD being our I-485(AOS) application at CSC? Do they put us question as \'Why did you come to cincinatti office being your I-485 file at CSC?

Ciba, hope you are understood our situation. If not, Please let me know, so that i can tell you in detail.

Thanks,
Anu

No Title

ciba, no offence, but the sentence srak referenced is correct. we can apply ead/AP in the local office.

my lawyer told me so, and I did get EAD in 1 hour (from walking into the local office with filled form to walking out with EAD card).

No Title

Hi srak,

Your wife can certainly try her luck at Cincinatti office. Whether
or not they are willing to help her is another question. An
application of this kind is under their discretion. I wish you
luck and please keep us posted on how things go.

ciba

No Title

Hi Raj1555,
What is your local INS office? is it comes under other centers like Nbraska,Vermont,Texas or CSC( the place where your filed labor,I-140,I-485)?

ANU

No Title

I believe INS will accept your case at Cincinnati if you show proof of residence , INS has recently been leninent in this regard . I believe you should get it.