• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Choose FREE POE ?

t10

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Could we choose POE freely? Example, if our permanent address is at New York, could we choose POE in San Francisco?

Thanks for help..

Hi all,

Could we choose POE freely? Example, if our permanent address is at New York, could we choose POE in San Francisco?

Thanks for help..

The International Airport in the US that the airline your are going to board lands is your POE.

Hi all,

Thanks for help..

You are free to land on any international airport in the U.S. you like.

Just curious. Has anyone used Shannon Airport in Ireland as POE? Is it possible when one is DV-immigrant?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon_Airport#U.S._Customs_and_Border_Protection_Pre-clearance

FlyingF, the Point of Entry (POE) is a port (airport, seaport, or border) in the United States where customs officials are stationed to oversee the entry and exit of people and goods. The POE here we are talking about is not the airport that you will take your flight (normally a foreign country) but rather the airport you will land in the U.S.

FlyingF, the Point of Entry (POE) is a port (airport, seaport, or border) in the United States where customs officials are stationed to oversee the entry and exit of people and goods. The POE here we are talking about is not the airport that you will take your flight (normally a foreign country) but rather the airport you will land in the U.S.

ammeck09, did you read the wikipedia link I gave? Shannon Airport in Ireland is a POE (Port of Entry) to the United States, with Border control, Customs and Immigration. I just would like to know has anyone used it as Diversity Visa Immigrant to enter USA?

Actually I found some answers here: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?267845-Things-to-take-care-at-POE

Last edited by a moderator:

Ammeck, It is possible to clear US immigration from Shannon Airport, even though it's in Ireland. Shannon has US immigration officers stationed there. I've flown from Shannon to the US before and had the immigration aspect done before I even boarded the plane, all I had to do when I got to the US was deal with customs. Flying F, I don't see why you couldn't the same as a DV winner.