china asylee can go to hongkong,no problem.

elma3751

Registered Users (C)
my friend is china asylee, hold refugee travel document, he came back from hongkong las vegas international airport.

the officer ask where he go, he said he go to hongkong.

the officer is not 100 % sure my friend can go to hongkong

the officer go to ask his supervise.

the officer stampe on refugee travel document and said welcome back.

that is all.

i dont think the chinese embassy would issue a visa on RTD if you are chinese ( they assume you should have a passport)...and obviously you can not even show them RTD

my friend is china asylee, hold refugee travel document, he came back from hongkong las vegas international airport.

the officer ask where he go, he said he go to hongkong.

the officer is not 100 % sure my friend can go to hongkong

the officer go to ask his supervise.

the officer stampe on refugee travel document and said welcome back.

that is all.

Thank you for sharing.

In this case I assume your friend holds an unexpired Chinese passport so he didn't have problem to enter China or H.K. Otherwise it is hard to imagine the Chinese consulate in USA will issue visa on his RTD.

Question: How can a GC holder ( AS based, China is COP, expired passport ) with valid Reentry Permit, get into China or H.K. ?

My Chinese friends directly got their Hong Kong visas from the Hong Kong Immigration Office. You can bypass the Chinese consulate.

My Chinese friends directly got their Hong Kong visas from the Hong Kong Immigration Office. You can bypass the Chinese consulate.

Thankful-I am planning to go China & Hong Kong. Do i have to apply 2 seperate visa and 2 diffrent consulate or i can apply both at the Chinese Consulate?

Thanks!

Thank you for sharing.

In this case I assume your friend holds an unexpired Chinese passport so he didn't have problem to enter China or H.K. Otherwise it is hard to imagine the Chinese consulate in USA will issue visa on his RTD.

Question: How can a GC holder ( AS based, China is COP, expired passport ) with valid Reentry Permit, get into China or H.K. ?

it is almost impossible to enter china with US Reentry permit because the person supposed to have the chinese passport. The only thing i can think of is to get a chinese travel doc, but they will keep asking you whynot using passport

Last edited by a moderator:

thankful, thank you for this information. Did you friends mail their travel documents to H.K. Immigration office and got visa mailed back, or did they get visa when landing at H.K. ? Then what travel documents did they use ( RTD, RP, or As-based GC ) ?

thankful, thank you for this information. Did you friends mail their travel documents to H.K. Immigration office and got visa mailed back, or did they get visa when landing at H.K. ? Then what travel documents did they use ( RTD, RP, or As-based GC ) ?

They mailed the applications directly to the Hong Kong Immigration Department, part of the Hong Kong SAR government. It is not part of the Beijing system.

I did that too even though I am not Chinese. My thinking is the less I deal with the Chinese Communists the better off I will be.