Children's Work Permit for Asylum Seekers

Merm

Hello, if one has applied for asylum and is waiting and they have work permits, can they apply a work permit for their own child. If so, is there an age requirement and is what documentation would the USCIS require to process the child's work permit?

Hello, if one has applied for asylum and is waiting and they have work permits, can they apply a work permit for their own child. If so, is there an age requirement and is what documentation would the USCIS require to process the child's work permit?

Applying work permit for your children (under-age) is possible and is usually done by almost everyone. There is no age bracket for that. The child only needs to be listed in your main asylum application so that it can proved as your dependent

Although it sounds weird why would a child need work permit? but the most important benefit to get a work permit for your under-age children is they get a SSN (Social Security Number)

Having a SSN solves 90% of your problems here to get into the system

The procedure is same as an adult, except that the adult (primary applicant) will sign the application on behalf on child applicant

Document checklist as under for myself (including my underage children) when i applied last year in December 2020 and received the same in Jan 2021

I765 form fully filled
i94
Passport Copy
VISA Copy
Visa Entry Stamp
ASAP Membership
Birth Certificate
Family Registration Certificate
USCIS Receipt
USCIS Biometric
(2) Passport Size Picture

Applying work permit for your children (under-age) is possible and is usually done by almost everyone. There is no age bracket for that. The child only needs to be listed in your main asylum application so that it can proved as your dependent

Although it sounds weird why would a child need work permit? but the most important benefit to get a work permit for your under-age children is they get a SSN (Social Security Number)

Having a SSN solves 90% of your problems here to get into the system

The procedure is same as an adult, except that the adult (primary applicant) will sign the application on behalf on child applicant

Document checklist as under for myself (including my underage children) when i applied last year in December 2020 and received the same in Jan 2021

I765 form fully filled
i94
Passport Copy
VISA Copy
Visa Entry Stamp
ASAP Membership
Birth Certificate
Family Registration Certificate
USCIS Receipt
USCIS Biometric
(2) Passport Size Picture
Thank you so much