• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Children of a wife for DV-2014?

Carmageddon

Registered Users (C)
Hello!

I am starting to get organized to submit the application, and this year I have a new problem since I am now married :)

My wife has a 5 year old son (I am not his father, nor adopted him), and currently he lives abroad.

Am I supposed to mention him in MY application? other than my wife of course...
This could take a few days, to get his proper photograph for this purpose, so I'd hope I dont have to mention him...

The instructions PDF is not quite clear on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be safe, I think you should include him in your application. Your wife's application must, of course, include him.

If you list him then you win, you don't have to apply a visa for him. But, if you win and they find out you omitted a material fact, they can deny your visa for lying. If you're considered lying, the State Department would bar you from getting a US visa forever.

T. be safe,I think you should include him in your aplication. Your wife's application must, of course, include him.

If you list him then you win, you don't have to apply a visa for him. But, if you win and they find out you omitted a material fact, they can deny your visa for lying. If you're considered lying, the State Department would bar you from getting a US visa forever.

Well, officially the instructions say natural child or adopted - but I have not adopted him Legally - so if I were to write him as a child, they could later deny my application saying i have lied about having a son i don't really have officially.

Any more thoughts on this matter? Is there any phone number i could call and ask?

Well, officially the instructions say natural child or adopted - but I have not adopted him Legally - so if I were to write him as a child, they could later deny my application saying i have lied about having a son i don't really have officially.

Any more thoughts on this matter? Is there any phone number i could call and ask?

The instruction for 2014 says "...all natural children as well as all legally adopted children and stepchildren, even if a child no longer resides with you or you do not intend for a child to immigrate under the DV program..."

I think he qualifies as a stepchild, but I'm not a lawyer nor a consular officer. Your best bet for information is from your local U.S. Embassy. If you're exceedingly lucky, you might get through to an actual consular officer.

The instruction for 2014 says "...all natural children as well as all legally adopted children and stepchildren, even if a child no longer resides with you or you do not intend for a child to immigrate under the DV program..."

I think he qualifies as a stepchild, but I'm not a lawyer nor a consular officer. Your best bet for information is from your local U.S. Embassy. If you're exceedingly lucky, you might get through to an actual consular officer.

You are right.. I dont know how I missed this word, double checked the dictionary meaning - yes so I have to include him in mine.. ah well.. hopefully by next week a picture would be ready.

Thank you!! :cool: