Children for stamping.

vkmm

Registered Users (C)
Do children under 10 need to be present for stamping. Anyone with this experience at San Jose ? Thanks

One of my friends got the passport stamped.....

while his kid was in India(that was in the San francisco office).
So, I guess it can be done.

No Title

I am assuming you mean that he got his kids pp stamped. Could you please confirm and post. Also how old was the kid. Thanks.

How about I-94 - don\'t they need this for GC stamping?

This could solve my problem as well - see the discussion thread on
sept2001 "Travel Issue - Family in India do NOT have AP" 6/10/02 4:40pm
Will I be able to take my Children\'s passport to INS office and get these stamped, while they are in India? How about I-94? is it not a reqd doc for GC stamping?

How about I-94 - don\'t they need this for GC stamping?

This could solve my problem as well - see the discussion thread on
sept2001 "Travel Issue - Family in India do NOT have AP" 6/10/02 4:40pm
Will I be able to take my Children\'s passport to INS office and get these stamped, while they are in India? How about I-94? is it not a reqd doc for GC stamping?

Here is my 2c worth...

lagaan2000,
If kid is in India then one is suppose to leave the passport in India only! I think as per laws governing issuance of passport it is a serious crime to just carry some one else\'s passport without that person.

For passport stamping kids need not preset (if it is allowed) doesn\'t mean that it\'s okay to carry their passport even though they are not inside the country!

If passport is stamped for the kid and then mailed to them then probably the kid may get into trouble while coming back to US!

-PCee