child protection act

whitemimauz3

Registered Users (C)
Whenever USCIS stakeholders meeting takes place, a comment should be sent to keep F4 category cases pending as long as they can may be until priority date becomes then they should approve it, so that it knocks off time & help this kind of cases.

SusieQQQ

Whenever USCIS stakeholders meeting takes place, a comment should be sent to keep F4 category cases pending as long as they can may be until priority date becomes then they should approve it, so that it knocks off time & help this kind of cases.
You still seem to be missing the point. The point of CSPA is to ensure that any inefficiency on the part of USCIS does not penalize derivatives. It is not to intentionally make uscis more inefficient to “help“ those who would age out. The more people “helped” in the way you envisage will just increase overall backlogs and make things worse for everyone, including the immediate relatives who have a visa number immediately available yet still have to wait a year or so to actually immigrate because of processing times.

The second point you miss is that the reason there is an age limit on the immigration law definition of “child” is so that famiiies don’t have to leave kids too young to look after themselves behind.

For example: F4 for phillipines has approximately a 23 year wait. I’d find it hard to see how, from an immigration priority perspective, uscis should delay processing these cases for 23 years so that a bunch of 40-somethings get the chance to piggyback immigration because they’re ....too young to be separated from their parents?! I’m not sure if you aware either, that there is a numerical limit on F-categories each year. So the more older “children” that come in this way would reduce the number of slots available for later F4 cases, again making the backlog even worse.

....it would just be easier to abolish the age limit on what counts as a child - as that is effectively what you’re proposing by wanting CSPA to protect everyone forever. Obviously that’s not going to happen.

whitemimauz3

Registered Users (C)
Your last sentence is what I was trying to convey about. Of course its not going to be achieved because it runs contrary to what US stands for "Keep families together". I want to rest this topic now. Next time some other subject.

SusieQQQ

Your last sentence is what I was trying to convey about. Of course its not going to be achieved because it runs contrary to what US stands for "Keep families together". I want to rest this topic now. Next time some other subject.
I disagree entirely with you. The US allows many more family relationships and ages to reunite under its immigration laws than any other country. Lol at “I want to rest this topic” , now that you understand it. Ciao.

hi all
I'm a US citizen by birth lived in the states for less than 5 years I got married to an alien and have two children (below 12 years ) living abroad,
I tried to understand the process of giving my children the American citizenship but I'm confused if I should file n-600 or the n-600k form or file an immigrant visa for them, and do I need to be permanently residing in the US?
thanks in advance

newacct

hi all
I'm a US citizen by birth lived in the states for less than 5 years I got married to an alien and have two children (below 12 years ) living abroad,
I tried to understand the process of giving my children the American citizenship but I'm confused if I should file n-600 or the n-600k form or file an immigrant visa for them, and do I need to be permanently residing in the US?
thanks in advance
Do you and your family intend to move to the US or remain residing abroad?

newacct

we are planning to move to the states.
is there a difference...
Yes. If you plan to move to the US, the proper way is to petition them to immigrate to the US (i.e. become permanent residents). You will file I-130, and they will eventually get US immigrant visas. When they enter the US with their immigrant visas, they immediately become US permanent residents (green card holders), and they will also immediately become US citizens as permanent residents under 18 living in the US with a US citizen parent. After entry, they can apply for US passports.

SusieQQQ

Yes. If you plan to move to the US, the proper way is to petition them to immigrate to the US (i.e. become permanent residents). You will file I-130, and they will eventually get US immigrant visas. When they enter the US with their immigrant visas, they immediately become US permanent residents (green card holders), and they will also immediately become US citizens as permanent residents under 18 living in the US with a US citizen parent. After entry, they can apply for US passports.
FYI, this poster has two threads going with the same question. In the other one I asked about the whereabouts of the other parent, as the “living in the US with a US citizen parent” has to be in the legal custody of that parent.

that really cleared things up thanks a lot for your help